WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Poll

Do you want bionic 32 bit?

Yes
3 (60%)
No
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Do you want bionic 32 bit?  (Read 6289 times)

Offline jls

« on: February 18, 2018, 09:21:55 AM »
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Do you want bionic 32 bit?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »
There will be a 32 bit bionic for those who like 32 bit.  I think I heard it is the release after bionic where they drop the 32 bit package pool.  But for now, since 32 bit is still supported it will be offered here.

Offline mocore

• ~.~
Re: Do you want bionic 32 bit?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 12:49:13 AM »
I think I heard it is the release after bionic where they drop the 32 bit package pool. 

related : http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,23327.0.html - 32-bit packages are needed to support legacy software! 

FTR (from the links in above post )

Thanks to the huge amount of feedback this weekend from gamers, Ubuntu Studio, and the WINE community, we will change our plan and build selected 32-bit i386 packages for Ubuntu 19.10 and 20.04 LTS.

We will put in place a community process to determine which 32-bit packages are needed to support legacy software, and can add to that list post-release if we miss something that is needed.
We will also work with the WINE, Ubuntu Studio and gaming communities to use container technology to address the ultimate end of life of 32-bit libraries; it should stay possible to run old applications on newer versions of Ubuntu. Snaps and LXD enable us both to have complete 32-bit environments, and bundled libraries, to solve these issues in the long term.