Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

TC 9.0 an ralink mt7601u no AP Mode?

(1/3) > >>

HoerMirAuf:
Hi Comunity ...

I'm new to TC.

So pleas apolgize my inexperience.

On a small old thin Client i want to run TC with a ralink usb Wifi Device in Access Point Mode.
hostapd couldn't set it to AP Mode. I know from other linux Ditros there are trouble with ralink USB Wifi Devices and AP Mode ...
On Puppy Linux i have to compile a modified driver source to get this device to work. But the goal is TC not Puppy.

I've Looked around on Tinycore Forum, but couldn't found a Kernel-header-Source to compile only the module easily by myself...

Is it neccesary to compile the whole Kernel in this case, to be able to compiling a module?
Or is anybody out there who have made this device already working in AP Mode?
Or can give me anybody some hints?

Regards HoerMirAuf

Juanito:
If you load the compiletc meta-extension, it will load the kernel headers extension linux-4.19_api_headers.

You will also need to download the patched kernel, config and module-symvers from:

http://www.tinycorelinux.net/10.x/x86/release/src/kernel/

..and prepare the kernel source.

There is a linux-kernel-sources-env extension, which would do this for you, but I'm not sure that it has been updated for tc-10.x (or if it needs to be udated).

coreplayer2:

--- Quote from: Juanito on February 11, 2019, 05:29:07 AM ---..and prepare the kernel source.

There is a linux-kernel-sources-env extension, which would do this for you, but I'm not sure that it has been updated for tc-10.x (or if it needs to be udated).

--- End quote ---
linux-kernel-sources-env extension has been updated, it needs an internet connection while it verifies kernel version and downloads kernel sources and dependencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoerMirAuf:
Thank you very much for the hints  ...

I tryed it out, but it seem's my knowledge about compiling Modules for Tinycore is too small....
Always get a compile error and i don't know why ...  :-\

Maybe someone with more experience could compile it for TinyCore 9.0 Kernel 4.14.10 x86?

I  have uploaded the Driver Source here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jy2NC76Cy3w75-9SLpBR8sHFrLO6yPgt]mt7601u-ap-master.tar.gz

Juanito:
If you post the compile error here, perhaps other users could help?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version