WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TCL and wi fi  (Read 1718 times)

Offline vinceASPECT

TCL and wi fi
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:41:09 AM »
Hello Forum,

If i run TCL from the "core" 106 meg iso download burned to pen drive.....how likely is it that it will find my wi fi out of the box?

the laptop is about 2013 ........... HP elitebook 8470p

thx

V

Offline coreplayer2

Re: TCL and wi fi
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »
Hey Vince

You will to most likely need "firmware-iwlwifi.tcz' loaded then just run wifi.sh or the wifi icon

good luck

[EDIT]: Fixed typo.  Rich
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 08:04:56 PM by Rich »

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 06:35:36 PM »
great ...i will try it.........]

...........i am also trying to get my head around some unusual free software that allows sharing of USB devices between MS host machines and Linux VM's in Hyper V.  Non of my Linux VM's have sound or such like and it seems one way to do it is to share a USB audio card in said manner.

thx

V

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 06:40:45 AM »
thanks forum team....it works right out of the box.....(wi fi on TCL) using the coreplus iso. NO extra extensions were required here.

i Just needed a browser so as to be able to find my public wi fi landing page and log in. That is tricky to get a browser when you don't already have a web connection.

TCL team may want to consider including a browser at the taskbar since it foiled me (and would anybody else)

managed to find an old pen drive with a TCL browser on it (that didn't need any deps) Lucky.

Vin