WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [Solved] Auto connect to wifi onboot wasn't working  (Read 1473 times)

Offline tcFan

[Solved] Auto connect to wifi onboot wasn't working
« on: December 30, 2018, 01:23:43 PM »
 Followed the guide on the wiki*, I'd suggest using "sleep 3" between the wpa and dhcpcd commands, as it seems the latter get there much faster and knocks his face on the door, i mean, received a SIGTERM(!)

* ie. verified the commands and conf file worked when issuing manually, after using bootlocal.sh didn't connect unless i reissued the dhcpcd command. sleep solved for me.

btw, I have a script that complains running as root ("dont run this as root") but it does run it if I first run it as non root. Anyway to fix this so I can run from bootlocal?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: [Solved] Auto connect to wifi onboot wasn't working
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 01:38:16 PM »
Hi tcFan
Followed the guide on the wiki*, I'd suggest using "sleep 3" between the wpa and dhcpcd commands, ...
You might consider a including link so people don't have to guess where in the Wiki.

btw, I have a script that complains running as root ("dont run this as root") but it does run it if I first run it as non root. Anyway to fix this so I can run from bootlocal?
Maybe you could call the script from the end of your  .profile  file in your home directory?

Offline Greg Erskine

Re: [Solved] Auto connect to wifi onboot wasn't working
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 03:03:51 PM »
Hi tcFan,

To run a program as a specific user:

$ sudo -u tc tce-load -i net-usb-KERNEL.tcz

regards
Greg