WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Has <Xframe moved to be inaccessible> been fixed ?!  (Read 2545 times)

Offline labeas

Has <Xframe moved to be inaccessible> been fixed ?!
« on: May 21, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »
I hate it when I've installed something and the next day it's "GET THE NEW N+1 VERSION" blurb.
So probably I'm very dated.
But it's very annoying, when you've been working for 3 days: with 20 VTs & 9 WS, when you
switch from VT to <X>, the Frame has moved so as to make the LHS <positioning bar> inaccessable.
  If this has been fixed I may try the latest version of TC64.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Has <Xframe moved to be inaccessible> been fixed ?!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 01:15:37 PM »
Hi labeas
Try hitting  Ctrl-Alt-M  a couple of times and see if that pulls the positioning bar back onto the screen.

Offline labeas

Re: Has <Xframe moved to be inaccessible> been fixed ?!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 08:48:32 PM »
Rich wrote: Try hitting  Ctrl-Alt-M  a couple of times and see if that pulls the positioning bar back onto the screen.
== Thanks, but of the 3 to 7 items that I can remember, I can't allocate one the <that trick>.
== If it's a known PARALYSING fault, why isn't it fixed.
Your previous counter to my "X is known to be a monster" gave `top` ..etc. showing X to be economical
with CPU [and RAM]. For me the user's cognitive-load is more important. That's why [90's] wily is my
killer-app. BTW since you use opera-11: can it do NewsGroups? When I installed TC64, opera-12 was the
default; but it's impossibly complex to try to do NNTP, and opera-13 has abandoned trying to NNTP.
PS. I'm also avoiding X for TC64, since the designers have decided to not use X as the default.
Related: right-now I'm writing via USBstik:slax64 [partly because I must have read-pdf].
Of course slax64 uses X, and chromium, and definitely shows <overload problem> symptoms.