WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: install python  (Read 10688 times)

Offline peter555

install python
« on: October 31, 2018, 05:50:56 AM »
Hello everyone,
first: the registration is shitty.  4!! Captures is way too much...

Topic:
I wanna install Python on my TinyCore. I saw this Post (topic=14920.0) that i may need the package 'python-distribute' but i get the error 'python-distribute.tcz not found!'. Same with other packages. Ping to google.com works fine so i dont know what i need to do now ....
Can some tell me what i do wrong?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: install python
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 06:19:54 AM »
Hi peter555
Click the  Apps  icon on the bottom of the screen. It's the one with the  blue down arrow  on it. When in the  Apps  utility,
click   Apps->Cloud(Remote)->Browse. After the list of extensions appears, type  python  into the search bar and hit enter.
That will list all the python packages currently available for the version of Tinycore you are running. I presume you are
running 32 bit Tinycore version 9?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:21:26 AM by Rich »

Offline peter555

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 06:32:15 AM »
Ahh sorry, my bad.
I use the version piCore 9.0.1

I guess the Raspberry Pi version has no gui if yes tell me please where i can find them.
Is there a way about the terminal to install the package? I already downloaded it manully but i cont figure our how i can install it.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 06:42:44 AM »
Hi peter555
Use  tce-ab  to search for extensions.  Use  tce-load  to install them. I think Pi has a GUI extension called  TC.tcz.

Offline peter555

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 01:20:02 PM »
Thanks.
My problem was (i guess) that i forgot to expand my partition and i downloaded the wrong file.
I used tce-ab to find the package name and tce-load to install it. (tce-load -iw python3.6)
Now i got another problem, so i will close this thread now and start a new one.

Offline Greg Erskine

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 03:19:43 PM »
BTW: piCore comes with microPython installed. It is used during the boot process to load extensions I believe!