WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How do I install tczs?  (Read 5098 times)

Offline saladin

How do I install tczs?
« on: October 27, 2018, 12:16:38 PM »
Always feel so stupid when I mess with core. There's too much for me to wrap my head around.

I want something really lightweight, so I start from micro core rather than tiny core. But I don't know how to download tczs from micro core. I know I can download tczs from tinycore, but what happens when I try to download a tcz that I need for micro core, but is already installed by default in tiny core? I don't know. So I've always preferred downloading the tczs directly from the website before booting any core. But now it seems like it's no longer possible to download tczs from the website--I only see a list of tczs, and clicking doesn't seem to do anything anywhere.

So is it possible to download tczs from the command line? If it's not possible, how do I know which tczs are installed by default in tiny core but not in micro core? If I need one of those in micro core, how do I get it? And is it possible to download this stuff from the web site?

Offline Greg Erskine

Re: How do I install tczs?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
tce-ab

Offline Misalf

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 01:21:45 PM »
You could download extensions directly via a web browser by adding  extension-name.tcz  to the end of the URL.
However, you would also need  *.tcz.md5.txt , *.tcz.dep  and the dependencies.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline saladin

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 09:22:55 AM »
Thanks! That's just what I needed.

Offline mocore

• ~.~
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 09:38:14 AM »
You could download extensions directly via a web browser by adding  extension-name.tcz  to the end of the URL.
However, you would also need  *.tcz.md5.txt , *.tcz.dep  and the dependencies.

see also http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/  ( a clickable link to clickable links ;- )

... lol autocomplete wants to change
tinycorelinux in that url to 'coreligionist' *voodo-emoji*  ???