Tiny Core Base > CorePlus

TinyCore Boots to a DOS Prompt

(1/12) > >>

mikezuccaburg:
Hi all,

I successfully got the .iso file installed on a USB drive with core2usb version 1.6.

I cannot get it to boot to a GUI, no matter what option I select, though.  It goes through a couple of loading screens and then ends up at a DOS prompt lookalike that starts with "tc@box".  What is/are the next steps?  I can't find anything in the book.

Rich:
Hi mikezuccaburg
What does this command return:

--- Code: ---showbootcodes
--- End code ---

Misalf:
I'd

--- Code: ---format c:

--- End code ---
and then make sure the tce directory was found.

If

--- Code: ---\ls -l /etc/sysconfig/tcedir
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Okt 19 10:21 /etc/sysconfig/tcedir -> /mnt/sda4/boot/tce-7.x

--- End code ---
would point to a directory in  /tmp  that would mean it wasn't found and you're in "cloud mode" without extensions for this session except those you download when needed.

Rich:
Hi mikezuccaburg

--- Quote from: Misalf on October 19, 2018, 02:45:40 AM ---I'd

--- Code: ---format c:
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---
Don't do that. I hope Misalf was just kidding.

--- Quote from: Misalf on October 19, 2018, 02:45:40 AM ---and then make sure the tce directory was found.

If

--- Code: ---\ls -l /etc/sysconfig/tcedir
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Okt 19 10:21 /etc/sysconfig/tcedir -> /mnt/sda4/boot/tce-7.x

--- End code ---
would point to a directory in  /tmp  that would mean it wasn't found and you're in "cloud mode" without extensions for this session except those you download when needed.
--- End quote ---
Definitely post the result of:

--- Code: ---ls -l /etc/sysconfig/tcedir
--- End code ---

mikezuccaburg:
Thanks guys.

--- Quote from: Rich on October 18, 2018, 09:40:57 PM ---Hi mikezuccaburg
What does this command return:

--- Code: ---showbootcodes
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

initrd=/boot/core.gz loglevel=3 cde showapps lst=xfbase.1st base desktop=flwm_topside BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz

Misalf, I typed in the second command (did not format my C drive, ha ha).  Rather than ending in

-> /mnt/sda4/boot/tce-7.x

it ended in /tmp/tce

And had a different date/time stamp of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version