WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Synergy / OpenSSL 1.1.1  (Read 1413 times)

Offline razordaze

Synergy / OpenSSL 1.1.1
« on: September 11, 2018, 05:27:59 PM »
I had a basic Pi 3B+ running Raspbian, and went to the trouble of compiling Synergy 1.09 so I could have it act as the Synergy server. (the minimal reboot time / need to reboot the Pi makes it a really convenient virtual KVM, and as the foundation for a pet project) Unfortunately, some combination of bad luck, poor choices and thrift led to early SD corruption... at least I managed to save the binaries and my config files.

Rebuilding the system, I discovered TinyCore, which seems like the ideal way to minimize the impact of that particular stress point. Of course, no one's built Synergy into an ARM TC extension, so I started trying to get it working--and I did!

Now I'm trying to figure out how to package it up as a consistently deploy-able tcz, but I'm finding the process to be... daunting.

TL;DR: I want a Raspberry Pi + TCL 9.0.3 to run Synergy (server) on boot

synergys expects certain shared libraries:
- libcurl.so.4 (curl.tcz)
- libXtst.so.6 (libXtst.tcz)
- libXinerama.so.1 (libXinerama.tcz)
- libssl.so.1.1 (OpenSSL 1.1+; as 1.0.1 is the only option for TCL, I compiled 1.1.1 from source)

For these libraries, I'd assume it would be Best Practice to set them up as dependencies to be installed alongside the Synergy library. (I'm not really sure how to do that) I'm also not really sure how to deal with OpenSSL...

Is it simpler / possible to roll libssl.so.1.1 (or all of them?) into a single package?

At the very least I'd like to setup synergy server to run on boot without any manual intervention, but I figure if I've done all this work it's probably worthwhile to someone else as well.

BTW: seems like there hasn't been much interest in Synergy for awhile, and even longer ago that anyone brought it up in conjunction with rPi.