WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Install instructions are bad  (Read 7564 times)

Offline razordaze

Re: Install instructions are bad
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 08:17:47 PM »
1. I used Etcher to write TinyCorePure64-9.0.iso to a USB stick
What is Etcher?

A nice, straightforward GUI tool for loading images onto media, (etcher.io) made by the good folks of Resin.io
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:19:18 PM by razordaze »

Offline NewUser

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 10:22:41 PM »
 if you're on a Windows PC., search sourceforge.net for core2usb. Core2usb has always worked for me.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 02:42:14 PM »
1. I used Etcher to write TinyCorePure64-9.0.iso to a USB stick
What is Etcher?

A nice, straightforward GUI tool for loading images onto media, (etcher.io) made by the good folks of Resin.io
That's nice to know but this is also the problem.  Most ISO to HDD/SSD/USB utilities like Etcher are not aware of TinyCore's requirements.   In which case you can rename CDE directory to TCE and modify the boot config file  then tinycore should boot to a desktop.

Please show the output of
Code: [Select]
showbootcodes

Offline Dave_Kimble

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 10:59:41 PM »
I must say I'm having the same kind of problems. I just don't believe I'm incapable of doing this.  Things I have installed go missing. When I try and Download-install them again, it says it has already got the download (but doesn't continue with the install !). When I do the install it says OK, but there is no new launching icon. When I launch it from the terminal it says "command not found" !!!
Sometimes xfe says /mnt/sdb1 has a /tce, sometimes it doesn't, same with /mnt/sr0. None of the 3 grubs are currently installable, although I have installed all of them at earlier times.

I keep thinking there must be something I don't understand, but I can't find it in the wiki. There must be a better way of doing this - nobody would spend as much time as I have on it. A .zip file that can be extracted to a USB stick and reboot, giving a desktop with a terminal, file manager and browser and gparted, would only take 10 minutes to be a useful rescue tool.

Offline NewUser

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 12:03:55 AM »
How did you burn the .iso to your USB?