Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

TC 9.0 cryptsetup error

(1/3) > >>

jazzbiker:
Hi all TC lovers and makers!

I'm trying to make use of cryptsetup but without any result.
Here is an example:

--- Code: ---dd if=/dev/zero of=test.img bs=4M count=16
sudo losetup -f test.img
dd if=/dev/urandom of=key.file bs=1 count=256
sudo cryptsetup create myloop /dev/loop54 --key-file key.file
cryptsetup: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libcryptsetup.so.4: symbol dm_task_get_info, version Base not defined in file libdevmapper.so.1.02 with link time reference

--- End code ---

I've tried the same with loopaesOpen and luksOpen (after luksFormat) but with the same error
What I am doing wrong?
Maybe there is another way to get encrypted partition?

maddog:
I'm having the same problem.  It worked in TC 6.4.

Rich:
Hi maddog
Take a look at this thread an see if it resolves your problem:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,22151.0.html

maddog:
Hi Rich,

Thank you for the link.

I removed cryptsetup.tcz and rebooted TC.  I made sure that there are no versions of "libdevmapper" installed.  I then added cryptsetup.tcz onboot and restarted TC.  All references to "libdevmapper" are correct and point to liblvm2 - /usr/local/lib/libdevmapper.so.1.02 -> /tmp/tcloop/liblvm2/usr/local/lib/libdevmapper.so.1.02, etc.

When I attempt to run cryptsetup I still get the following error:

"cryptsetup: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libcryptsetup.so.4: symbol dm_task_get_info, version Base not defined in file libdevmapper.so.1.02 with link time reference"

Any thoughts?

jazzbiker:
Hi TC folks!
Core 9.0 cryptsetup 1.6.8 - error with libdevmapper.so
CorePure64 9.0 cryptsetup 1.7.5 (the latest version with support of LUKS1 without LUKS2 support) - does work, but searches for 'blkid' in '/usr/local/sbin' instead of actual location '/sbin'. I've made
--- Code: ---ln -s /sbin/blkid /usr/local/sbin
--- End code ---
and this eliminates error, but  it is noob way. You must know the right way :)
And in Core 9.0 I planned to use cryptsetup in plain (not LUKS mode) and did it directly with dmsetup (as a part ov lvm2.tcz), but only creating the above described symlink.
May be it is possible to compile cryptsetup 1.7.5 not only for CorePure64 but for Core too? I will try, but for my level of knowledge and competence it may be considered only as an excercise, I didn't compile any extensions yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version