WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Removing boot screen splash image  (Read 2092 times)

Offline cshrout1

Removing boot screen splash image
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:20:23 AM »
Hey there!

I've spent a fair amount of time looking through the book and the wiki to see if I can remove the splash screen from boot process:

I'm not sure where it's stored and how to silence / remove it. I'm going for as silent a boot as possible. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be most appreciative!

I grabbed CoreCurrent.iso from the downloads page and installed it to my flash drive with the YUMI UEFI beta installer. I only started working with Tiny about 2 weeks ago but the wiki and the book have been quite helpful! Coming up dry on this one though :)

Edit: I'd like to note that I am running a remastered version of TC; I've scripted the unpack / pack steps and can easily modify the core operating system.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:38:24 AM by cshrout1 »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Removing boot screen splash image
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:13:58 AM »
logo.nologo=1 bootcode
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline cshrout1

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:43:24 AM »
logo.nologo=1 bootcode

Thanks again for your answers! Forgive my ignorance, but where should I be modifying this value? YUMI installed GRUB but there are no grub configs or directories inside of the OS itself (seeing as it's packed and all).

Appreciate it!  :D

Offline cshrout1

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »
logo.nologo=1 bootcode

Ok nevermind I got it sorted out! Edited the grub.cfg file that actually boots Tiny and it worked :D Thanks again!

Code: [Select]
menuentry "Core-current" {
set gfxpayload=keep
linux /multiboot/Core-current/boot/vmlinuz loglevel=3 cde logo.nologo=1
initrd /multiboot/Core-current/boot/core.gz
}

I have a crazy directory structure because YUMI is a multi-boot tool, but the magic it works is worth the mess (for now...).