WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Where does onboot.lst go?  (Read 4676 times)

Offline cshrout1

Where does onboot.lst go?
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:07:37 AM »
I've been digging through the persistence wiki and the corebook and can't figure out why this isn't working. The persistence for dummies wiki http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:persistence_for_dummies does not contain the absolute file location for onboot.lst

Pg 93 of the corebook (http://tinycorelinux.net/corebook.pdf) (Ch 20) states that a "typical tce directory" has the "onboot.lst" file in it but doesn't give an absolute path.

Is the "tce directory" located at /tmp/tce? If so, why does my "onboot.lst" file not work?

I created the following file /tmp/tce/onboot.lst using vi:

ntfs-3g.tcz
chntpw.tcz
openssl.tcz
bash.tcz
dialog.tcz
ncurses5.tcz
ncursesw.tcz
readline.tcz
readline6.tcz

The /tmp/tce/optional directory contains all of those tcz packages from the current release. If I configure /opt/bootsync.sh with those extensions using a su tc -c "tce-load -i package.tcz" command they all load; I'd prefer to integrate them more tightly with the OS and put them directly into onboot.

I have remaster unpack / pack scripts and am creating a modified core.gz each time I make changes to the underlying operating system in order to persist.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:10:01 AM by cshrout1 »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Where does onboot.lst go?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:09:21 AM »
Your structure is correct, it's the fact that /tmp/tce was not intended for remastered extension loading, but as a runtime RAM location. The path intended for such embedding was /tmp/builtin.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline cshrout1

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:41:27 AM »
Thank you!! I'll give it a try :)

Offline cshrout1

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »
Your structure is correct, it's the fact that /tmp/tce was not intended for remastered extension loading, but as a runtime RAM location. The path intended for such embedding was /tmp/builtin.

Beautiful! I had to create /tmp/builtin and then I copied my /tmp/tce/optional folder into /tmp/builtin/optional. After that I created /tmp/builtin/onboot.lst and listed all the tcz packages that are in the /tmp/builtin/optional directory. Very nice!