WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Wine missing in terminal  (Read 4767 times)

Offline adam_CORE

Wine missing in terminal
« on: April 20, 2018, 02:23:43 AM »
Hi, I installed wine which gives an icon that when clicked functions to download a few
perhaps optional html/.net files :D, and the .wine directory folder is created in mydata,
but if I type $~wine "///c_drive/....exe"in the terminal it returns 'wine not found'.
I read the one similar forum post where this was due to improper install, needing '-c'
for example: 'tce-load -i -c wine.tcz startx' to add it to the copy2flz.lst file,
which it created but wine wasn't written, just a few other tcz.
Perhaps do I need to download the html/.net files? To be honest I have the wifi files and tested a few times but havn't gotten around to properly setting up an internet connection within tc.
Thanks for any advice!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 02:29:05 AM by adam_CORE »

Offline adam_CORE

Re: Wine missing in terminal
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »
I believe I may have made a mistake posting in the 'tinycore64 extensions' section,
rather than the 'tinycore64'  section :D

To further detail, if I load after startx in the full gui desktop terminal,
it states: wine.tcz already loaded, with simultanious 'not found' with terminal:  '~$wine',
and above I used a shorthand from memory 'forum example' abbreviated path to the .wine  program files .exe directory, whereas in actual use I used the correct full /home/tc/.wine/etc path.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 05:43:32 PM by adam_CORE »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 07:26:01 AM »
Are you using wine from Core or CorePure64?

If CorePure64, you need to type "wine64" rather than "wine" - notepad, regedit and wineconsole all run for me, but I cannot enter text...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 08:18:01 AM by Juanito »

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 03:59:34 PM »
Thanks again juanito, I'm using 64 so I'll try it.
In retrospect during my searches I remember a  post about trouble adding text into wine run progs which I don't think was solved :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 04:04:33 PM by adam_CORE »

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 06:46:16 PM »
Since this topic only fell 8 places after so many months perhaps its better to continue rather than having another wine topic?
I just had the chance to get wine and a few other progs re-running after I glitched the live USB home.tgz from tampering with the .wine directory. I can use the wines included notepad and regedit and .cmd, but I can't get any new exe's to run. With windows cmd I can xcopy files and other commands such as DIR, HELP etc work, but START from the emulated cmd "cannot find the file". From running with winefile or console I think it said internal error. I noticed that the notepad and other files that successfully ran were in a folder so I used the windows CMD to xcopy move into c:windows/system32, which removed the file not found, but nothing happens, it just returns new tc-$ line. Do you have any quick tips about running new wine .exe's? Thanks! Also in the newer wine64 I can write within notepad automatically without needing to modify the setting.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:50:10 PM by adam_CORE »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 09:18:44 PM »
CorePure64 wine will only run pure 64-bit windows apps.

I understand that most 64-bit windows apps are a mixture of 32-bit and 64-bit apps - are you sure that the ones you are trying to run are pure 64-bit?

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 10:00:11 PM »
Thanks that's probably it. I tried to run an old version of sculptris which runs on my 32 bit,
and the calc.exe was copied from my 32 bit comp.
My laptop is 64 bit so I'll test out some windows 64exe. from there. Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:07:07 PM by adam_CORE »

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 01:45:33 AM »
Works perfectly thanks, I even properly installed my first windows prog which is pretty amazing