WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: dCore-buster64  (Read 7907 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
dCore-buster64
« on: May 21, 2019, 06:33:35 PM »
Debian Buster is in a full freeze, and work on dCore-buster64 is under way.  In the coming weeks, dCore-buster64 should be ready and uploaded for testing.

The 32 bit version dCore-buster will follow.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 06:35:09 PM by Jason W »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: dCore-buster64
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 02:35:06 AM »
dCore-buster64 is now available in the release candidates area. 

http://tinycorelinux.net/dCore/x86_64/release_candidates/dCore-buster64/

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 12:08:11 PM »
There was an error in the routine to update the DEBINX data for dCore-buster64 which caused the DEBINX data on our server to be outdated which could cause package update and installation issues. 

It has been fixed now. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 01:06:54 PM »
There was another error on the server in fetching Packages.gz files from the Debian mirrors that is now fixed regarding sce-update in dCore-buster64.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 05:14:35 PM »
dCorePlus-buster64 is not booting into graphic mode like it should, whether from using dd to burn it to a USB drive or from using dCore-usbinstall.   I am aware of it and I am working on a solution. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:22:42 PM by Jason W »

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 04:49:15 PM »
Just to be sure in case some might mistake that post as pointing the finger at the dd or other burning process ... when it may just be a *minor* issue with Openbox.

On multiple uefi-only machines, I have zero problems using dd or any other common tool to write the iso to usb.  So no rc-testers should be scared away thinking it won't boot.

The only thing I noticed, and is probably what you are working on, is how sometimes if you perform a reset on OpenBox, the default background changes from a dCore configuration, to what appears to be an Openbox config.

Even so, I applied a layman's diagnostic of using the latest Rufus to burn a stick, pulled up the log (CTRL-L) before burning, and watched the fun in the log.  No complaints or special notices from Rufus, so it's happy too.

..just don't want anyone to think that the RC won't boot, or has major graphic issues.  Neither was a problem for me on multiple uefi boxes.
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »
.. sorry .. I keep getting openbox and fluxbox mixed up.. :)
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 09:45:17 AM »
Thanks for testing PDP-8, I have an Nvidia graphics card, and perhaps that could be the issue.  I will look at it again with my on board video chip. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 06:02:50 PM »
It appears with dCore-buster64 that both Intel i915 and Nvidia chips need their kernel modules available for X to function.  When graphics-4.19.10-tinycore64 is installed for intel, and nouveau-4.19.10-tinycore64 for Nvidia, X will start and work.   There may be other chips that need the same.

PDP-8 - as your setups are working, I hesitate to add the graphics kernel module to dCorePlus-buster64 as it is the only release of dCorePlus that needs them with any of my hardware, it seems like a fluke with packages in dCore buster64. 

But dCorePlus should just work, and the graphics modules in this case would be a 3 MB addition of size, I am pondering adding them as this is also the newest Debian based dCore offering. 

In any case, if anyone has a problem, they should come here and this post is a notice that some graphics chips may not boot to X without their related kernel modules present for dCorePlus-buster64.  All other dCorePlus has booted to X with me on both Nvidia and Intel chips.   If you boot dCorePlus-buster64 and it falls back to the console, use the below commands.

Code: [Select]
sudo wifi.sh  # then set up your wireless connection

# For Nvidia:

sce-import nouveau-4.19.10-tinycore64
sce-load nouveau-4.19.10-tinycore64

For any other video chipset:

sce-import graphics-4.19.10-tinycore64
sce-load graphics-4.19.10-tinycore64

Make sure of course that when you load graphics-4.19.10-tinycore64, nouveau-4.19.10-tinycore64, or any other graphics related extension that you do not do it in a running X session. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 01:36:26 PM »
For what it's worth, I have found that the above mentioned issue only applies to my setup during UEFI booting.  With BIOS booting, dCorePlus-buster64 boots directly to Xorg.