Offline vinceASPECT

docker
« on: April 12, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »
hi

is pi core supporting a 'docker' tcz/

since i was reading that docker is a sort
of server tool, that can deliver multiple instances of
several different containerised apps over to client machines
while the server uses low resources to do that.

i found arch builds of docker for ARMV6 pi-zero boards
resin.io

thx

v

Offline DrRob

Re: docker
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 01:59:25 AM »
Not an answer, but I note that https://github.com/boot2docker/boot2docker is built using Tiny Core Linux (but for x86, not ARM).

A boot2docker built using piCore could be interesting as a more robust docker host for the Pi (because it can run from RAM with the SD card unmounted).

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 04:07:12 AM »
Oh hello Dr,

well that is still useful information so thanks a lot indeed. 45 megs and boots to docker although the git hub page says the project is in maintenance mode....hmmm.

But it's worth me taking a look maybe. I never really saw a laymans explanation and usage tutorial video about docker
that actually made good sense....so.

My friend went to a Docker Conf in LVegas and it's incredibly popular tool.....

thx

V

Offline vinceASPECT

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 03:47:56 PM »
Ye Dr,

Still trying to learn about Docker........in it's Linux flavor seems best since "no virtual machines"  or "extra installed OS's" are necessary to get proper implementation of the idea and docker containers.....

The stuff earlier seems to be using VM's.........(Specifically, Docker on Linux is so desirable precisely because it should NOT involve VMs)

I realize that the win64 idea with Docker is using "Hyper visor" kernels and the "docker container images" do indeed need an OS installed in them (nanoserver)..........and the win version of docker indeed uses transparent VM's ..............at the end of the day

thx

V