WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Module bridge  (Read 5263 times)

Offline Salamandr

Module bridge
« on: April 12, 2018, 06:32:56 AM »
Hello! Please help me to deal with the problem. I have a computer with TinyCoreLinux 3.0 installed on it. But it doesn't have a bridge module. As far as I understand, the kernel is recompiled there. The directory with modules is called - /lib/modules/2.6.33.3-tinycore-cs2. There are no kernel sources. Is it possible to add a bridge module to the system?

Offline Salamandr

Re: Module bridge
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 06:45:35 AM »
I tried to compile the module. 1. so it's a different vermagic. 2. When trying to load the module (insmod) I receive the message - Invalid module format.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 07:19:34 AM »
Hi Salamandr
That module should be in  net-bridging-2.6.33.3-tinycore.tcz.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 10:33:12 AM »
If you don't have the sources and environment to that recompiled kernel, it's random luck trying to build a matching module. Just build an entirely new kernel, or use the supplied TC kernel.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Salamandr

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 07:57:30 PM »
I very much suspect that in this version the kernels changed only the name. Some more significant changes were not made there. If I can repeat this trick, the module should be installed. How to configure the config, so that after compiling the kernel to /lib/modules/2.6.33.3-tinycore-cs2 ? These "cs2" symbols are probably the problem.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 01:09:16 AM »
It's unlikely somebody would go to the trouble just to give it a new name.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Salamandr

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 05:09:12 AM »
My solution. Created another the partition. Have set up Tiny Core Linux 3.8.4. Set up a bridge there. Added a line to boot menu. When a bridge is required, the user loads into TCL 3.8.4 and runs. Then, returns to the first system.