WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: X extensions tc-9.x  (Read 13710 times)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
X extensions tc-9.x
« on: March 28, 2018, 02:00:55 AM »
Note that the following X extensions have been updated:

util-macros, xorg-proto, xcb-proto, libxcb, libX11, libXcursor, libXfont2, libpciaccess, libxshmfence, Xorg-7.7-bin and Xlibs

In addition, the following dep files have been updated:

Xfbdev.tcz.dep, Xorg-7.7-dev.tcz.dep, Xorg-7.7-lib.tcz.dep, Xvesa.tcz.dep, xorg-server-dev.tcz.dep and xorg-server.tcz.dep

All of the components of full X now use libXfont2 (I see a difference in how fonts are displayed with flwm/gtk1), but Xvesa and Xfbdev continue to use libXfont.

In order to avoid problems, all of the above extensions (where used) and dep files should be updated at the same time.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: X extensions tc-9.x
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 11:27:09 PM »
further to the above, the following extensions have also been updated:

Xorg-7.7-3d, libEGL, libGL, libGLESv2, libdrm, llvm-lib and wayland-protocols (x86_64 only)

..and glxgears has been replaced by mesa-demos

In order to avoid problems, all of the above extensions (where used) should be updated at the same time.

Offline andyj

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 06:14:29 AM »
Libdrm-dev for TC-9 64-bit is missing the *.la files. This breaks compiling open-vm-tools.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 10:01:32 AM »
They're not missing per se - libdrm now compiles with meson/ninja, which does not generate any *.la files.

This going to increasingly be a pita  :(

Offline andyj

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 06:50:24 PM »
This is against the latest open-vm-tools, 10.2.5. I don't suppose the Meson folks were kind enough to provide some sort of tool that would make them for backward compatibility. The existing open-vm-tools-desktop extension does not work with the new X libs.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 11:06:17 PM »
Which Xlibs make problems for open-vm-tools (I made a temporary llvm4-lib extension)?

As far as I can see, meson does not provide a tool to create *.la files, so I copied the old libdrm-dev files and reposted the extension.

Some packages (mesa) still have autotools and meson build systems (probably as a temporary measure), but others (libdrm) do not.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 01:28:51 AM »
Indeed there's no backward compat for meson builds to create libtool files.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 01:41:57 AM »
Due to a bug in libXfont2-2.0.3 where it does not follow symlinks, the extension has been reverted to libXfont2-2.0.1

At the same time, Xlibs and Xorg-fonts have been refactored so that all of the supplied fonts appear in the same place.

Xvesa and Xfbdev have been recompiled to find the fonts in their new locations and wbar has been adjusted accordingly.

In order for things to work properly, all of the above extensions, where used, need to be updated at the same time.