WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TC on Intel NUC  (Read 12917 times)

Offline PDP-8

Re: TC on Intel NUC
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 07:02:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'm missing MMC support in the kernel, or don't know what the libary or module needed is to support it on tc.

Slitaz also doesn't detect it, but in order to see SD cards on that distro, you have to install and load an mmc kernel module and put it into your rc.s startup.

I *think* that is what's missing from TC, either baked in mmc kernel support, or a kernel module for mmc that can be loaded at startup?

I'm thinking down the road here - had I put in an eMMC drive inside, I might have run up against the same problem.

I'll do more digging / learning, but if anyone has run across this before, let me know!

That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 08:20:07 PM »
Hi PDP-8
There should be some mmc kernel modules under  /lib/modules/KERNEL-tinycore/kernel/drivers/mmc. Maybe if you run  lsmod
under  Knoppix  it will tell you which modules you need to load.

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 02:18:12 AM »
Rich - that was a great idea, but unfortunately no amount of modprobing likely candidates would see the SD card as an mmc device.

Heh, got frustrated and modprobed the entire device tree, and needed to take a break. :)

At least I know the NUC hardware actually works, but this will just be a back-burner project to get the mmcblk stuff working.  I have plenty of other storage / boot devices available. :)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 07:07:03 AM »
Hi PDP-8
The other thing you could do is check  dmesg  under  Knoppix  for all references to the SD card. That should tell you which
modules and if you need any firmware.

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 11:34:11 PM »
Hi Rich - yeah I've been playing around with Knoppix and generally lspci -v and came up it needing an Intel/Realtek RTS5229 driver for the sd card reader.

There are ways to compile that, but I'll stick with the USB 3.0 ports for now for this application until it gets native / free support.  I used to get hung up over pc-hardware, but now I just wait or find a suitable workaround. :)

I tried modprobing the generic rtsx_pci driver, but no go.  I'll wait...

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:36:23 PM by PDP-8 »