WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Freeing the desktop from wbar  (Read 6792 times)

Offline meo

Freeing the desktop from wbar
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:34:54 AM »
Hi Robert!

I guess that it's you a should address in this matter. I have commented out wbar in .xsession and it works fine but if I change the background, wbar reappears again. Is there a way to prevent this? Many thanks for a splendid release of MC!

Have fun,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Freeing the desktop from wbar
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:44:22 AM »
Use boot code noicons
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »
For microcore, I will pull wbar and offer as an extension in the same fashion that jwm is.
For now, use the noicons boot option.

Offline meo

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »
Hello again Robert!

Thanks for your reply. It works just fine although I have a pretty special setup with 12 boot options. That has made that some things just don't work like they should. So at times I have to come up with some special workaround to keep things like I want it. By the way, I should have remembered the solution you mentioned since you mentioned in the same thread that Jason W mentioned the option to comment out wbar but this day has been very poor healthwise. My head feels like aking mush and no good to remember things. Thanks again!

Have fun out there in cyberspace with MC and TC,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline junan

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 08:39:55 PM »
there is noicons option , is there any icon=icon_or_panel_name option ? or will be ?
fun and fearless ...

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 08:57:46 PM »
It is a boot time code. See FAQ http://www.tinycorelinux.com/faq.html#bootcodes

Offline meo

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 02:37:59 AM »
Hi Robert!

I fully agree that wbar should be pulled out of microcore and be replaced with an extension. I also have another suggestion. I would like to see the picture viewer to be pulled out of microcore also. I downloaded the extension of flpicsee that came up in the forum and I think it would be a better solution to have that one as an extension to. In any case microcore is superb and I appreciate it very much.

Have fun continuing the development of MC and TC,
meo