WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: openal failed and html> missing  (Read 5857 times)

Offline adam_CORE

openal failed and html> missing
« on: March 22, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
Hi I'm new to usb dual live boot,  (A few days ago i improperly uninstalled my discontinued xfinity Norton antivirus and now my windows computer is running at about 20% speed)

Buiding Gimp app hangs at "html> missing" and blender stops at "openal failed", i have an 8 gig sd card so i'm not sure if its the available memory problem? I'm using the newest V9 tiny core 64. Thanks!

>edit I just realized html might mean the .md5?

Also as an aside, I'm interested in compiling, and am curious about the possibility to do this through usb. I've built things before with cmake but the partition aspect is frightening to me. I fear to even accidentally look/step into any of the drives as i move about in the sdb1 "territory", which may be of no concern at all. :D I'm soon to be investigating copying moving my files about so I can delete windows, as in that "Norton Virus simulation" environment transferring through usb is mind-staggeringly slow.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:16:10 PM by adam_CORE »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: openal failed and html> missing
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 12:39:06 AM »
I'm interested in compiling, and am curious about the possibility to do this through usb.

Do you mean compiling on a usb hd/usb stick or something else?

Note that, using CorePure64, as long as you have enough ram, almost everything will compile in ram.

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 02:40:54 AM »
Thanks Jaunito, I missed the xorg which I think for the blender openal :D
I mean using compiing tools while in a live usb environment,
the chances of output accidentally being served to wipe out C:drive? :D
I have one free drive partition, but it still has 18 gig of stuff locked in it
that I'm going to have to shuffle out of it before I can start installing.
Plus the challenge is fun I was interested in usb os for a while,
 but didnt experiment out of fear.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 03:06:46 AM »
By default "make install" copies files into the root filesystem, which is in ram in tinycore.

In addition, if you boot tinycore from a usb hd/usb stick, none of the main hd partitions will be mounted, so "make install" would be unable to access them.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 03:15:04 AM »
btw, there's already a blender extension (compiled against openal) in the CorePure64 repo...

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 07:33:58 AM »
That's good, I wasn't 100% sure how tight the fence was, I seem to remember when I first started migrating around with the app loader and finding myself around the other drives. I think I'm putting together your bender, I'm excited to try it. The topic problem I think is that the repository gives a few .xml if anyone wants to check the servers over there, I have V_8 and am about to try my first progs hopefully :D.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:41:01 AM by adam_CORE »

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »
Code: [Select]
alsa: cannot stat file/directory/usr/local/etc/alsa/cards/aliases.config
X lib: extention "XinputExtension" missing on display ";0.0"
failed veerify working opengl system
initial window could not find glx extension

I was able to get gimp to run, but I'm still trying to get blender to work.
I think I need to make a display config file?
In my attempts to figure it out I have the onboot so it's properly done saved within core, I have the xf86intel graphicsKernel, and xorg running on boot: 'cat /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/onboot.lst' output looks correct, not all bunched up.
It seems the resolution 'upgrades' on bootup.

I navigated to the alsa folder and there is no Cards directory in the alsa folder, I tried to create one but it's set to read only
there's the zipped mydata folder, I looked around in there seeing a user had success by adding nividea into his .filetool,but after searching forum I'm unsure of  how to unzip it and edit  within core, or even if this is necessary. I just now realize perhaps i didn't notice mydata was unzipped in the $HOME and /opt directories among all the loaded app files... I also downloaded pulse, because the error mentions pulse on the backend, until I found pulse was a newer audio setup. would pulse be better choice?

BTW I'm 3DCGFX aka Andy_Circus on BA for anyone who stumbles here Ton, etc :D One time I had Brecht looking for hours at a shapekey bug until ton stepped in to say "This is not reproducible"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:04:30 PM by adam_CORE »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 10:25:57 PM »
If you get that error message from alsa, you need to load the alsa-config extension prior to loading the alsa extension.

For the X error message, did you check that the graphics-KERNEL and Xorg-7.7-3d extensions were loaded before starting X?

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 12:44:04 AM »
Thanks Jaunito, I had the alsa-modules :D

To start before X does that mean both 'on boot' and 'Xbase'? I have done that.
I thought I need some way to configure xorg-7.7-3d, or intel I've seen a few
examples of:
xorg -config nividea -configright now I can't change my desktop resolution if i wanted. I think I understand now how to make it persistent in filetool. I read xrandr has a display config that works with xorg3d, and I also a intel.conf example but it was  for basic xorg.
I'll investigate start before x
Thanks again!

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 01:29:30 AM »
What graphics hardware do you have?

In most cases Xorg-7.7 does not need any configuration at all - it will figure things out automatically.

If you boot to the console (text) prompt and then do this:
$ tce-load -i graphics-KERNEL Xorg-7.7-3d
$ startx
..it should "just work".

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 05:26:09 AM »
I might be loopy from downloading a few thousand files, but when I typed
tce-load -i graphics_KERNEL xorg-7.7-3d
it seemed to request "video-4.14.10-tinycore64.tcz" not found!
I didn't see this in the repository, is this correct?
EDIT I just remembered I removed my xf86-intel-video and used only xf86-vesa,
so perhaps this was a vague request for my xf86-intel? I'll try once more.

I also couldn't get anything to run from a pure command prompt,
tce-load -i graphics-4.14.10-tinycore.tcz file not found!
tce-load -i  aterm.tcz file not found!
tce-load -c -i /tce/optional/graphics-4.14.10-tinycore.tcz file not found!
tce-load -i /mnt/sdb1/tce/optional/graphics-4.14.10-tinycore.tcz  file not found!
but from the gui terminal it seemed to shuffle the progs after startx, but the errors still persisted. I have an intel card which some others have had very similar glx trouble.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 05:44:12 AM by adam_CORE »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 05:49:44 AM »
If graphics-KERNEL is not stored locally then you need to download and load it with:
$ tce-load -wil graphics-KERNEL
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:22:49 AM by Juanito »

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 08:12:59 AM »
Thanks, I suspected I'd need my wifi properly setup in pure terminal mode to get files :D
Super excited! I'm dreaming of 3X rendering speed, near realtime viewport cycles, etc :D

Offline adam_CORE

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 02:12:03 AM »
Juanito, to give some feedback I got the blender installed and saved my first %F.blend file :D
Things to look out for are creating an onboot.lst after the initial load before closing the gui flwm.
but you were right it starts up fine without any previously rampantly complaining display or alsa configuration needed. my laptop curser stopped functioning, but my mouse works.
Plus a downside is there's no cycles, just the blender internal & game engine, which is ok, mainly I just wanted to see if it worked, as now i'm 100 percent into core rather than any other linux.
I saw in another post that there was a missing open image library, so I'm going to
definitely investigate any info about the process of creating core extensions, or perhaps luxrender.
Thanks, i feel like i climbed mount everest or something!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 02:27:50 AM by adam_CORE »

Offline Misalf

Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)