WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Pi 3B+  (Read 33072 times)

Offline gavinmc42

Re: Pi 3B+
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »
Latest 10Beta4a, kernel 4.14.41 seems to work on all the Pi's I have tried so far, B+, 2B, 3B, 3B+.

Wanted to stress test it further by sticking a Desktop on it but no TC in tcz list yet.

Midnight Commander still has the mouse left/middle button clicks generating escape codes issues.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 02:06:44 AM »
Latest 10Beta4a, kernel 4.14.41 seems to work on all the Pi's I have tried so far, B+, 2B, 3B, 3B+.

Wanted to stress test it further by sticking a Desktop on it but no TC in tcz list yet.

Midnight Commander still has the mouse left/middle button clicks generating escape codes issues.

Hi Gavin

thanks for the feedback.

Béla
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2018, 01:41:37 PM »
Sorry Bela, I missed you saying zswap.  We only use zram.  I've not used zswap with piCore in a long time.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 09:46:11 PM »
Hi Paul,

no problem. I just put beta5a to the server with 4.14.42 kernel. Changed to lz4/zfold3 and made test compiling large applications. Do not get swap write error when using swap file, only randomly with a swap partition but much elss now than before. It looks like a local issue, so this setup and kernel is the final one.

Béla
Béla

Offline kim

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2018, 08:19:26 AM »
Any estimate on when this new version that works on Pi 3B+ will be officially released and available?

Is the latest beta version publicly available from somewhere?

Thanks,
Kim

Offline TimJ

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2018, 11:59:36 PM »
After some searching I hound it here http://tinycorelinux.net/10.x/  (sorry I can't see how to make that a link).

I have been using it extensively for the last few weeks on a RPi3 and 3+. By default it has USB FIQ turned off that apparently can give USB problems, - Can anyone comment on what the problems are?. I never seen any, but I have not stress it, only using a keyboard, memory stick and wired network for ssh.

If FIQ is turned on it makes USB reliable but crashes on boot if an HDMI monitor is attached. As I run headless I have now turned it on.

There are not many extensions available, any copied from PiCore9 that use encryption will not run due to an updated library, so expect to spend some time building extensions. I now have the WiFi and everything I need running.

I can't comment on timescales but I expect that Bela is waiting for a fix to the underlying Raspbian problem.

Tim.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2018, 06:38:04 AM »

I can't comment on timescales but I expect that Bela is waiting for a fix to the underlying Raspbian problem.

Tim.

@Tim Main reason is lack of time at the moment due to job load.
Béla

Offline kim

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2018, 01:18:15 PM »
Hi Tim,

There are not many extensions available, any copied from PiCore9 that use encryption will not run due to an updated library, so expect to spend some time building extensions. I now have the WiFi and everything I need running.

I've tried to get WiFi to work on Pi 3B+ with Beta5a but I can't get wlan0 interface to show up (apart from eth0 and lo).  I've loaded firmware-rpi3-wireless.tcz and wifi.tcz (+ dependencies) from 9.x branch but perhaps they are incompatible as you mentioned earlier.

Any tips on which particular extensions need recompiling or would you be willing to share the extension that work?

Thanks,
Kim

Offline TimJ

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »
I will uploaded to google drive all the tcz you need.
Forum rules apparently forbid publicly sharing tcz so I will send you a PM with the link.

It contains theses tczI have listed the source as far as I remember - I don't guarantee it as correct
I am not an expert at producing tcz so they are probably not as small as could be but for me they work.
Code: [Select]
firmware-rpi3b-plus-wireless.tcz                  files copied from raspbian
libiw.tcz                                                        copied from 9.0.3
libnl.tcz                                                        copied from 9.0.3
wifi.tcz                                                         copied from 9.0.3
wireless-4.14.42-piCore-v7.tcz                   modules built from source on ubuntu laptop
wireless_tools.tcz                                        copied from 9.0.3
wpa_supplicant.tcz                                      built from source PM if you want my build directory

To install
Untar
copy all files to tce/optional
add to onboot.lst
    wireless-4.14.42-piCore-v7.tcz   
   wifi.tcz
install readline.tcz in the usual way
reboot
keep fingers crossed
run wifi.sh

post back if it works

Tim

Offline kim

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2018, 04:47:11 AM »
Hi Tim,

I will uploaded to google drive all the tcz you need.

Thanks a lot, it works now perfectly!

Regards,
Kim

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2018, 06:31:21 PM »
Bela,

Do you still have the new rpi firmware packages I submitted a while back?

Paul

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2018, 01:56:10 AM »
Bela,

Do you still have the new rpi firmware packages I submitted a while back?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I must have, nothing is deleted :)

Béla
Béla

Offline kim

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2018, 12:35:40 PM »
Has anyone built tcz packages for ntfs-3g and its dependencies (NTFS filesystem support) compatible with 10beta5a?

I presume ntfs-3g and fuse might work straight from 9.x branch but filesystems-KERNEL and raid-dm-KERNEL needs rebuilding with matching kernel version.

So I'm looking for atleast these two:

raid-dm-4.14.42-piCore-v7.tcz
filesystems-4.14.42-piCore-v7.tcz

Kim

Offline Linkan

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2018, 02:17:38 AM »
Thanks for the beta it works well on my Pi 3B+ with the latest version.

I couldn't find the compiletc extension available for 10.x which I need for the make command. I have installed gcc already.

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2018, 05:30:27 AM »
thanks for testing. I see these random boot issues also, need some more investigation.

This commit appears to fix the boot problem when the FIQ is enabled.

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commit/e0d2b2b6df54f175dc73eb294976e756fa68d57d

We have tested it in our builds, and have over 5000 reboots with no kernel panics.