WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: sce-update -b double checks same extensions  (Read 5174 times)

Offline jls

sce-update -b double checks same extensions
« on: February 24, 2018, 04:32:34 AM »
Hi
see screenshot
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: sce-update -b double checks same extensions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 04:34:20 AM »
Ok, I will check it out tonight.

Offline jls

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »
Thanks
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 05:35:17 PM »
It was a simple fix, and before I upload it I have a thought about sce-update.  Since it is not essential to boot, access the network, and fetch and load SCEs, I would like sce-update and it's related files used only by it to become an extension. 

There are a few reasons for this.  As an extension, there would be a few kilobytes of upload on my part when any changes need to be made to sce-update.  At present, I upload hundreds of megabytes each time the smallest change is made to the base system between the x86 and x86_64 images.  Also, changes to sce-update now means a new release candidate to be tested on all dCore ports.  Not so with sce-update as an extension. 

I will listen to feedback, but honestly don't see a need to keep sce-update as part of base if it can exist as an extension.  Moving to extension was done with sce-remove for the same reasons.  And I would like to do the same with sce-ppa-add.

These becoming small extensions can help save bandwidth, are easy to upload for me and download for you and without the need to test a new RC each change to them. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:44:59 PM »
If there is no disagreement or discussion on making sce-update into an extension I will do that tomorrow.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 12:22:49 PM »
Sce-update has been fixed and is now an extension.  Use a new release candidate and import sce-update as below:

sce-import sce-update