WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: uqmi and Raspberry  (Read 6759 times)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: uqmi and Raspberry
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 01:24:09 AM »
Another thought is that you may need to use networkmanager to manage both connections (wifi and modem), rather than starting wifi with wpa_supplicant, to avoid confusion between devices.

Offline lotte67890

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 11:16:29 AM »
Well, it does not work at all... After playing around with networkmanager I was not able to establish a connection with the modem for as long as a split of a second... When I use minicom I can connect asap and the connection seems to be stable. Also establishing a wifi connection seems to take much more longer than working with wpa_supplicant...
So back to wvdial. It will not compile... (output is from make -d CC="gcc -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -mtune=arm6 -Os -pipe" CXX="g++ -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -mtune=arm6 -Os -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti")

Code: [Select]
      No need to remake target 'wvdial.o'.
      Pruning file 'wvdial.a'.
     Finished prerequisites of target file 'wvdial'.
    Must remake target 'wvdial'.
Putting child 0x1325ae0 (wvdial) PID 2734 on the chain.
Live child 0x1325ae0 (wvdial) PID 2734
linking wvdial...
wvdial.o: In function `main':
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:212: undefined reference to `WvDialer::WvDialer(WvConfEmu&, WvStringList*, bool)'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:215: undefined reference to `WvDialer::isok() const'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:216: undefined reference to `WvDialer::ask_password()'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:218: undefined reference to `WvDialer::dial()'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:221: undefined reference to `WvDialer::isok() const'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:236: undefined reference to `WvDialer::isok() const'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:245: undefined reference to `WvDialer::hangup()'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:212: undefined reference to `WvDialer::~WvDialer()'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:212: undefined reference to `WvDialer::~WvDialer()'
wvdial.o:(.data.rel.ro+0x100): undefined reference to `typeinfo for WvLogConsole'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Reaping losing child 0x1325ae0 PID 2734
make: *** [wvrules.mk:155: wvdial] Error 1
Removing child 0x1325ae0 PID 2734 from chain.
* Generating CC
* Generating CXX
linking wvdial...
wvdial.o: In function `main':
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:212: undefined reference to `WvDialer::WvDialer(WvConfEmu&, WvStringList*, bool)'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:215: undefined reference to `WvDialer::isok() const'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:216: undefined reference to `WvDialer::ask_password()'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:218: undefined reference to `WvDialer::dial()'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:221: undefined reference to `WvDialer::isok() const'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:236: undefined reference to `WvDialer::isok() const'
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/installers/Wvdial-Wvstreams/wvdial-1.6.1/wvdial.cc:245: undefined reference to `WvDialer::hangup()'
wvdial.o:(.data.rel.ro+0x100): undefined reference to `typeinfo for WvLogConsole'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [wvrules.mk:155: wvdial] Error 1

If I google around I see some people having the same issue but no one came up with a solution.

Anybody any Idea?

@Juanito in http://tinycorelinux.net/9.x/x86_64/tcz/src/wvstreams/compile_wvstreams there seems to be a copy paste error:

make [1m 11.53s]

Et voila

L

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 09:13:24 PM »
So back to wvdial. It will not compile...
wvdial is in the piCore 9.x armv7 repo.

in http://tinycorelinux.net/9.x/x86_64/tcz/src/wvstreams/compile_wvstreams there seems to be a copy paste error:

make [1m 11.53s]
the number in square brackets [] is the output from "time make", i.e. "make" completed in 1m 11.53s

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 01:01:06 AM »
Well, it does not work at all... After playing around with networkmanager I was not able to establish a connection with the modem for as long as a split of a second...

I know this is not the same thing - I don't have the hardware to test - but with corepure64, networkmanager will automatically connect to the internet via an iphone 4g modem.

Since networkmanager only uses mmcli/nmcli commands, there must be a way to connect, it's just a matter of finding the right combination of commands...

Offline lotte67890

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 09:24:24 AM »
Juanito! Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support! I can connect now, but get a segmentation fault directly after connect.
I now will try on a fresh install!

Regarding the make, I´m totally aware that this is the time make completed, I just was thinking that someone could use your instruction in a shell script (as I did), which then fails since make treats "[1m 11.53s]" as an option...

Some more questions:
  • Is there sort of a running syslog/messages files where I can see the log rather than with dmesg?
  • How can I see that networkmanager is starting the wpa_supplicant-dbus extension? I did not see anything with ps aux.
  • Is there a way how to pass the wext module to networkmanager when using wifi?

Due I´m out for holiday starting by the end of the week, I did not want to miss to say how thankful I´m for your patience!

Thanks

Lothar

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 09:42:37 AM »
Hi lotte67890
Some more questions:
  • Is there sort of a running syslog/messages files where I can see the log rather than with dmesg?

If you have  syslog  running you will find it as  /var/log/messages.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 09:54:52 PM »
There was a permissions error in the dbus extension that has been corrected.

If you update the dbus extension and try again, things might work this time..

Offline lotte67890

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 05:49:31 AM »
update done, works! And I´m using network/modemmanager instead of wvdial and wpa_supplicant...

Thank you so much!!!

L