WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: REQUEST midori.tcz on piCore9 Armv6  (Read 3553 times)

Offline PHo

REQUEST midori.tcz on piCore9 Armv6
« on: January 17, 2018, 05:21:33 AM »
I'm trying to build a simple infocentre type device that just auto boots and pulls a webpage to show on a monitor/screen. I've got a RasPi Zero with added WiFi dongle.

Problem I'm having is the browser. Looks like Midori is the obvious easy option and existed in the piCore 7 repos but not the latest.

I wouldn't mind creating the extension myself if someone would point me in the right direction

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: REQUEST midori.tcz on piCore9 Armv6
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 05:34:01 AM »
you could try the midori extension from the piCore-7.x armv6 repo in piCore-9.x to see if it would work - if you start it from a terminal window you should get an error message if it is missing something.

Otherwise you could compile the latest version of midori (0.5.11, I believe) from source.

Something like:
Code: [Select]
$ cd midori-0.5.11
$ mkdir build
$ cd build

$ cmake -LAH -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-march=armv6zk -mtune=arm1176jzf-s -mfpu=vfp -Os -pipe" -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv6zk -mtune=arm1176jzf-s -mfpu=vfp -Os -pipe" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=TRUE ../

$ make
$ make install
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 05:39:54 AM by Juanito »

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 11:27:19 AM »
Thank you Juanito!!

I'm kind of in the same boat - I don't use Midori for hard-core web-surfing, but for local documentation / html coding and it is modern and stable enough to program devices that run their own web servers like my routers, switches, ethernet<>wifi adapters and so forth.

As much as I love Dillo, it just doesn't cut it for that purpose.  And Fifth isn't stable enough yet.  Locked myself out of a few devices using either one to do things like that. :)

I'll try to load up compiletc on a pi-zero and give that line a try myself and let you know how it works!
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »
Heh, I'm not worthy.... :)

One of those days - not all the libraries are available.  Or they have slightly different names than the build script which threw me off.  Cross compiling on another box complains about cmake missing and repo to get it not available for some reason.

Tried old tcz which wanted to work, but I forgot to get the missing lib looking for libxss.so.1.

Maybe someday - taking a break on the whole idea for now, but good to restart the brain after seeing those c and c++ compiler flags...starting to come back.... :)
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 09:12:10 PM »
libxss is provided by Xorg-7.7-lib

Offline mungbean

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 09:31:49 PM »
I have started tryng to run midori in piCore too. Dillio doesnt handle webpages in the manner I was hoping for.

I have been grabbing all the required libraries just through the repository website.  I have come a bit stuck on one.
"libgcr-base-3.so.1"

Also how do I made these changes permanent I run the exit with backup option but on reboot all the loaded .tcz files have to loaded again.

Thanks,

Offline Pats

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »
...Also how do I made these changes permanent I run the exit with backup option but on reboot all the loaded .tcz files have to loaded again.

May be following will help but not sure abt new versions :

OnBoot (tce-load -wi app_name): The application is loaded into RAMmemory and will be ready at the next reboot (this is important). Must be included in the/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lstfile. If it's not included, add it by yourself. Boot times may be long, since that loads everything found in the file onboot.lst into the RAM.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 10:27:47 PM »
Hi mungbean
... I have come a bit stuck on one.
"libgcr-base-3.so.1" ...
Try  gcr.tcz.

Offline mungbean

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 10:44:28 PM »
thanks gcr-tcz worked like a charm.  Had to get a few more too.