WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: APPS not downloading all dependencies?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline PDP-8

APPS not downloading all dependencies?
« on: January 12, 2018, 03:19:22 AM »
This is odd - picore 9.0.3 ...  did I munge something somehow?

Some packages don't seem to be downloading all the necessary dependencies, yet they show up as installed as installed.  But they aren't really there.

I have used both the APPS gui, and tce-load -wi xxx.  I have changed repos.  I have also marked the ghost tcz's to be deleted, successfully deleted them on reboot, (although I never see deletions anymore) and tried again.

Example:  trying to load and install compiletc.tcz *seems* to work and the apps gui says "OK!"  - but nothing is actually downloaded.  And it shows up as if it was installed!

So very odd - at times it seems like it is going through the motions - especially when something like compiletc.tcz needs a *lot* of stuff, but the download just immediately says "OK!"

Another example:  tried installing wget.  tce-load and the apps gui immediately go through the motion without a complaint.  It even shows up as installed again.  Yet when I try to use wget, only the busybox version is in use as.

I hurt my picore somehow.  Any hints as to what I've done?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:25:24 AM by PDP-8 »
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline PDP-8

Re: APPS not downloading all dependencies?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 03:54:36 AM »
Fixed wget:

Seems like wget needs libunistring when it complains about it on the commandline, but libunistring is not downloaded (or shown in apps) as a depency when it is actually downloaded (i use onboot).

Manually installed libunistring and now the non-busybox version is working.

That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline sodface

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:32:31 AM »
Fixed wget:

Seems like wget needs libunistring when it complains about it on the commandline, but libunistring is not downloaded (or shown in apps) as a depency when it is actually downloaded (i use onboot).

Manually installed libunistring and now the non-busybox version is working.

I had this issue also but didn't report it.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 04:38:03 AM »
wget dep file updated in piCore 9.x repos - thanks for reporting this