WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: REQUEST COREPURE64 - libcurl4-openssl-dev AND libjansson-dev  (Read 4535 times)

Offline VRMdude

REQUEST COREPURE64 - libcurl4-openssl-dev AND libjansson-dev
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:29:21 AM »
Hi all and yes I must congratulate the team and everyone else involved in the tiny core project its pretty cool thanks. :-)

REQUEST x64  libcurl4-openssl-dev  AND  libjansson-dev

I discovered tiny core last year as I was looking for the smallest most powerful distro to build an image that will fit onto a 120Mb usb stick for mining verium reserve in low end hardware (intel Atom) this hardware was recycled and saved from scrapping as a result along with the bag of 120mb cheap and nasty usb sticks!  Im not an expert but more of an advanced novice at best these days have been linuxing for a 18 mths or so everyday is school day :-)

Pleased to say it was possible to make that cpuminer image using tiny core linux x86 and it was small enough to be able to run a backup to with a little head room for updates and so was very happy indeed to actually find effects to cause verium miner would compile and run GREAT!

I now need the following extensions for corepure64 as a new more efficient cpuminer has been released (fireworm) and the binary will not work in x86 image made above as it is 64 bit and it wont run in corepure64 without these extensions and not able to compile (fireworm) in x64 without them ethier: libcurl4-openssl-dev  AND  libjansson-dev, both of which i needed for the x86 but as couldnt find them there ether so not sure what i did late one night to get that x86 image working, my notes say the last extension i tried before success on that one was   curl-dev.tcz    and that got it compiled and working in tiny core plus but i have been unable to repeat that following my notes.

For this new fireworm x64 image I have tried using just jansson and openssl but curl seems to be a problem i will stop now as i prob sound like i know more than i do... Would love to get this going a 64 bit cpu miner at under 120Mb img size lol and the utter mad thing is these atoms run on 1gb ram so 64 bit meh......

HELP please.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:39:35 AM by VRMdude »

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: REQUEST COREPURE64 - libcurl4-openssl-dev AND libjansson-dev
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:37:55 AM »
curl-dev, jansson-dev and openssl-dev are all in the CorePure64 repo...

Edit: If you are speaking of fireworm71/veriumMiner, you can compile it from source on x86 anyway, no?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:42:28 AM by Juanito »

Offline VRMdude

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 06:44:20 AM »
Jaunito thanks mate for confirming my schoolboy error  :-[ i will try again and report back. :-)

EDIT:

Yes that fireworm :-)  I did not try to compile it in x86 but its a good idea assumed as it was a 64 bit binary it had some 64bit kernel requirements and such but i wills top for sounding silly..... 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:46:44 AM by VRMdude »

Offline VRMdude

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 07:34:41 AM »
damb what a time for github to go down...

Offline VRMdude

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:25:35 PM »

curl-dev, jansson-dev and openssl-dev are all in the CorePure64 repo...

Edit: If you are speaking of fireworm71/veriumMiner, you can compile it from source on x86 anyway, no?

jansson-dev and openssl-dev are indeed listed in /tinycorelinux.net/8.x/x86/tcz  but not finding them in the repo i cant get them from command line just receive "server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found" :-(   but in the source are openssl.x86.lib and libcurl.x86.lib and Jannson is in the tree it says...

Attempting to compile it on tinycore x86 with what i got so far and still no success yet tho, main error so far is from  ./autogen.sh: line 8: aclocal: not found, need to sort out automake.tcz and autoconf.tcz  both downloaded and all tce's are installed at boot hmmm but it says they are downloaded when i would expect to see them installed but they are both in /tce/optional and /tce/onboot.lst

Here are the steps taken so far:

install dependencies:

tce-load -wi curl-dev
                tce-load -wi automake
                tce-load -wi pkg-config
                tce-load -wi autoconf
                tce-load -wi pkg-config
                tce-load -wi m4
                tce-load -wi libtool

'these tce where all already downloaded from the previous successful build of effectstocause veriumMiner.

The following dependencies are not currently available for tiny core x86:   *libcurl4-openssl-dev  libjansson-dev   libssl-dev   libgmp-dev   zlib1g-dev    but they are included in the source tree thankfully (if compatible with this kernel)

So attempt to Build fireworm71 Verium Miner, enter fireworm directory then:

sudo /bin/sh ./autogen.sh     but   ERROR:  ./autogen.sh: line 8: aclocal: not found

here is why from autogen.sh script:

#!/bin/sh

# You need autoconf 2.5x, preferably 2.57 or later
# You need automake 1.7 or later. 1.6 might work.

set -e

aclocal
autoheader
automake --foreign --add-missing --force-missing --copy
# automake --gnu --add-missing --copy
autoconf

---------

So im sure i have autoconf and automake not sure if they are new enough as per the spec above what simple thing have i missed?

P.s

I appreciate any help getting this done as soon as it is working i will release a how to on steemit with full credits for the help given.

Cheers.. :-)

Offline VRMdude

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 12:43:24 PM »
Yeah so page 29 of the core book is good courtesy of load-ab looks like autoconf and automake are good

# You need autoconf 2.5x, preferably 2.57 or later
# You need automake 1.7 or later. 1.6 might work.

automake.tcz
Description:    automake
Version:        1.11.1
Author:         see list of sites below
Original-site:  see list of sites below
Copying-policy: see list of sites below
Size: 500KB
Extension_by:   juanito
Tags:       automake
Comments:       automake Makefile generator
                ----------
                This extension contains:
                automake-1.11.1 - GPLv2 - http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/automake/autom
ake-1.11.1.tar.bz2
                ----------
Change-log:     2009/05/08
                updated 1.10 -> 1.10.2
                2009/05/11
                updated 1.10.2 -> 1.11.1
Current:        2010/04/29

Title:          autoconf.tcz
Description:    autoconf shell scripts
Version:        2.68
Author:         see list of sites below
Original-site:  see list of sites below
Copying-policy: see list of sites below
Size:      712KB
Extension_by:   juanito, wonderfulll
Tags:       autoconf shell scripts
Comments:       programs for producing shell scripts that can automatically con
figure source code
                ----------
                This extension contains:
                autoconf-2.68 - GPLv2 - http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autocon
f-2.68.tar.xz
                ----------
Change-log:     2009/05/08
                updated to 2.65 (wonderfulll)
                2010/03/21
                updated 2.65 -> 2.68 (juanito)
Current:        2011/06/25

EDIT

now resolved that issue had to add perl and working through compiling errors now :-)

tce-load -i autoconf.tcz    perl5.tcz not found!

so

tce-load -wi perl5.tcz

:-)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:12:14 PM by VRMdude »

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 12:05:14 AM »
You should load the compiletc extension as a minimum in order to compile anything.

How are you downloading extensions? The reason I ask is that perl5 is a recursive dependency of both autoconf and automake and thus would be downloaded/loaded if you used the apps gui or the tce-load command...

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 01:07:28 AM »
OP seems to be running an ancient TC, maybe 4.x, based on those info files?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline VRMdude

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 01:52:48 AM »
You should load the compiletc extension as a minimum in order to compile anything.

How are you downloading extensions? The reason I ask is that perl5 is a recursive dependency of both autoconf and automake and thus would be downloaded/loaded if you used the apps gui or the tce-load command...

Hi thanks for the response please bear with me im relatively new to compiling but everyday is a step forward :-)

To answer your question I downloaded some extensions using the app gui in the early days, some that could not be found using tce-load -wi I do have compiletc installed i ommited mentioning it earlier as was deeply ignorant of it....

Installed both autoconf and automake by tce-load and after i fixed the missing perl last night they worked fine. I am going to doukle check soon after typing this how the repository’s are managed by tce-load just to rule out an error there.

After yesterdays effort I am thinking it might not be possible to compile fireworm veriumMiner in x86 as i keep getting errors at end of compiling to do with scrypt_core, and sha256 here is the last bits of the compile output shwoing errors:

iner-oaes_lib.o crypto/cpuminer-aesb.o algo/cpuminer-scrypt.o algo/cpuminer-sha2.o    -lcurl -lz -lssl -lcrypto compat/jansson/libjansson.a -lpthread 
/usr/local/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.0.9.8, needed by /usr/local/lib/libssh2.so.1, may conflict with libssl.so.1.0.0
/usr/local/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.0.9.8, needed by /usr/local/lib/libssh2.so.1, may conflict with libcrypto.so.1.0.0
algo/cpuminer-scrypt.o: In function `scrypt_1024_1_1_256':
scrypt.c:(.text+0x979): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
algo/cpuminer-scrypt.o: In function `scanhash_scrypt':
scrypt.c:(.text+0xd73): undefined reference to `sha256_use_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x117a): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x11b3): undefined reference to `sha256_init_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x1224): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x1233): undefined reference to `sha256_init_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x129b): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x12d4): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x146b): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x14a2): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x152f): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x1546): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x155d): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x1574): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x15cb): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x15ed): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x160c): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
scrypt.c:(.text+0x164e): undefined reference to `sha256_transform_4way'
algo/cpuminer-sha2.o: In function `scanhash_sha256d':
sha2.c:(.text+0x2c32): undefined reference to `sha256_use_4way'
sha2.c:(.text+0x367a): undefined reference to `sha256d_ms_4way'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cpuminer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tc/fireworm'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tc/fireworm'
make: *** [all] Error 2
strip: 'cpuminer': No such file

-----------------------

when i check in the source folder of fireworm verium miner i find that there are only x64 versions of the following:

/FIREWORM71veriumMiner-main/compat/curl-for-windows/out/x64/Release/lib/

libcurl.x64.lib
openssl.x64.lib
zlib.x64.lib

I wont claim to know what curl for windows is proper but its a big directory at 50Mb (entire source is 89Mb) it is a whopper for this project and i did remove it at first in my error thinking it was just for windows compiles lol but could not compile without it and was hoping it was there for windows compiling only but nope maybe i need to edit the lines calling it not sure above my present skill set.... and what is in the "out" folder is causing me the issues i think because they seem to be required and obv not 32 bit. Think I need to replace those libs with 32 bit ones or try to compile in corepure64 instead however at this rate i'm not going to fit this image onto a 120mb usb stick which is the goal so hmmmmmm. I believe i will test this miner on a ubuntu image to see if its worth all this effort after all...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:23:08 AM by VRMdude »

Offline VRMdude

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 01:53:44 AM »

Its the latest one I downloaded lol please expand if you can.

Offline VRMdude

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 02:35:12 AM »

Hello again to confirm I have:   Tiny core linux 8.2 with Kernel 4.7.7
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:39:40 AM by VRMdude »

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 02:41:35 AM »
If you want to compile a modern version of an app, you would be better off using the latest version of CorePure64 - this is 8.2.1 with kernel 4.8.17

To update, you would be better off starting fresh or as a minimum using a different tce folder to ensure that you do not mix extensions from 4.x with extensions from 8.x
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:44:03 AM by Juanito »

Offline VRMdude

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 03:23:28 AM »
If you want to compile a modern version of an app, you would be better off using the latest version of CorePure64 - this is 8.2.1 with kernel 4.8.17

To update, you would be better off starting fresh or as a minimum using a different tce folder to ensure that you do not mix extensions from 4.x with extensions from 8.x

Ok thats great just so we can confirm x86 is a no go then...

I am testing fireworm very shortly after i finish setting up a ubuntu64 server then if its worthwhile I will return to this and begin that job using corepure64 and hopefully get a nice write up about the adventure...

cheers and "I'll be back"  :-)

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 03:58:20 AM »
Ah - sorry for the confusion, so far I don't see why x86 shouldn't work.

Be sure to keep the tce folders for x86 and x86_64 separate - i.e. use tce and tce64, for example.

Offline VRMdude

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 05:26:41 AM »
Ah - sorry for the confusion, so far I don't see why x86 shouldn't work.

Be sure to keep the tce folders for x86 and x86_64 separate - i.e. use tce and tce64, for example.

so far i have not yet built a dual system like that ya have gotten way ahead of me lol but i will remeber that tip for the future!

For this project a dual x86 and 64 would be unlikely to fit the goal of an image no larger than 120mb because i have 60+ Intel atoms boards to upgrade and would rather use these old usb sticks than buy new ones at some £££ i like to try to recycle and save both my ££ and the planet to so i hope tinycore can achieve this well it has already  :D Right now just trying to find this next step with fireworm which offers a promise of +20% efficiency over effectstocause verium miner an dm an that difficulty is racing up Intel Atom needs to keep up to avoid the tip  ;D  8)