WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: gnu-plotutils for tiny core  (Read 1378 times)

Offline MrPorcine

gnu-plotutils for tiny core
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:09:59 AM »
I have need for the utility graph, which is part of gnu-plotutils. https://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/ Neither graph nor plotutils seem to be in the repository. When I do an ldd on graph I find it has a boatload of required libraries. Does anyone else have use for these utilities? I'm not sure how useful it would be for me to figure out how to contribute plotutils to the repository. The shortcut is for me just to cross-compile and copy the required files to my image. Comments?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: gnu-plotutils for tiny core
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:33:44 PM »
the latest update to plotutils is 2009 - are you sure it will compile for RPi?

Offline MrPorcine

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 08:55:46 AM »
Plotutils are the Raspberry Pi repository, as well as the Debian repository, so they must compile. I've already copied over the binary and the required libraries to the TinyCore image that I'm working on, it works. I think there were four libraries missing plus graph, the utility that I need. I'm new enough to Tiny Core that I don't know if should package up plotutils or just use filetool to make sure the required files are in place.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 09:39:56 AM »
You would be better off making your own personal extension of the files you copied over if they work.

To submit an extension for the repo, the app in question needs to be compiled with tinycore.

Offline MrPorcine

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »
OK, thanks for the advice.