WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Forum notifications missing lately  (Read 1643 times)

Offline sm8ps

Forum notifications missing lately
« on: November 27, 2017, 06:08:02 AM »
During the last few weeks I have missed two forum posts to threads I had initiated because I did not get an e-mail notification. This used to work well for as long as I remember and I have not changed the forum settings. The notification e-mails did not go into any spam folder or so.
Nothing too serious but I just want to check if I am the only one.
Cheers!

Offline sm8ps

Re: Forum notifications missing lately
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 03:39:34 PM »
I got the following e-mail a few days ago:
On the TCL forum I saw you raised a topic regarding Forum notifications missing.
I'm trying to register on the forum for days now, without success.
What is missing is a registration verification email to verify my account.
Your topic made me wonder if the forum email server is down?
On IRC (Freenode at #tinycorelinux) no forum admin is present, only people that can tell there are often others with similar issues.
(TCL forum account rhermsen)

I am hoping that somebody with access to the servers read this and have a look at that issue. Please respond here so that those without access to the forum get the information as well.

Happy new year to everybody!

BTW, the forum was down yesterday for a longer period of time due to "Connection Problems. Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later." -- Too busy celebrating New Year's day? (:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:41:53 PM by sm8ps »

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 10:01:21 PM »
There has been a problem with the forum hosting, which resulted in the forum being down for the last couple of days - apologies for this.

The lack of email notifications is still being looked into...

Offline sm8ps

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 02:50:40 AM »
Thanks for your support, Juanito! Please keep this thread updated so that the still-outsiders know what is going on. I am acting as a mere relay only.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »
I've started to receive email notifications from the forum, so hopefully things are on the way to being fixed.

Offline sm8ps

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 03:27:38 AM »
I have received notifications about both of your replies (Jan 3rd as well as today; they were in the spam folder so I have not noticed until now). So "new year, new luck" seems to be valid.

@rhermsen: please post here when you are able to register on the forum! (Being optimistic here, I know!)