WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Missing PHP7 extension mcrypt  (Read 1938 times)

Offline bonbob

Missing PHP7 extension mcrypt
« on: October 30, 2017, 01:35:06 AM »
As i understand package php7-ext.tcz has no all of php-extensions inside. For example mCrypt is missing. I dont know what is the reason of specific list of extensions, maybe most popular of them or lightweight. But in that case users has no possibility download other neccesary php7 extensions, install it as *.TCZ and add to extension list. Only recompiling whole PHP can solve this problem. Is it right?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Missing PHP7 extension mcrypt
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 01:54:22 AM »
Which repo are you speaking of?

According to the CorePure64-8.x php7-mod info file, the extension used to support mcrypt, but the support was dropped.

Offline andyj

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 05:20:18 AM »
PHP deprecated mcrypt in 7.1. If you're using it, you should use openssl instead. http://php.net/manual/en/migration71.deprecated.php

Offline bonbob

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 10:03:45 AM »
PHP deprecated mcrypt in 7.1
Funny situation, more and more scripts needs to downgrade PHP version. mysql was dropped earlier, now the same became with mcrypt. So, "OC Store" has no adopted to PHP7, as "Open Cart" too.
How about PHP-FPM ver. 5.6.31? This version can exists with PHP7 together on one server and make migration between PHP versions more painless.

Offline andyj

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 10:40:21 AM »
Mysql (MariaDB) is supported in php7-ext.tcz. I don't use it, but I'm guessing others do so I don't intend to drop it. PHP 5.x is no longer in active development http://php.net/supported-versions.php, only security fixes are being made until the end of 2018.

Offline bonbob

Offline andyj

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 05:10:10 AM »
Maybe some sed scripts could update your mysql functions to PDO, but then I can't see how well (or poorly) the code you have to work with is written.