WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TCL + rdesktop will allow multiple connections to the same server?  (Read 1951 times)

Offline msalvatori

Hi,

I've been wondering if with TCL + rdesktop I will be able to connect multiple connections (like 200) in the same server at the same time.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: TCL + rdesktop will allow multiple connections to the same server?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:07:54 AM »
Hi msalvatori
You can connect to multiple machines at the same time.
You can make multiple connections to the same IP address at the same time but each connection must use a different port.
I see no reason why you can't make 200 connections, provided your computer and network have the resources to handle it.
If you provide some details of what you are trying to accomplish, someone might be able to suggest ways to simplify your task.

Offline msalvatori

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:57:15 AM »
The whole idea is to get rid of 200 windows licenses for computers who only need to run a single aplication.

200 stations will work with tiny core linux that will open a remote connection with rdesktop to a windows server 2012, that only has access to a shortcut.rdp file.

Offline polikuo

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 12:00:21 AM »
If your windows server allows (up to 200) multiple connections, then yes, you can do that.

The only problem I could think of is, you'll probably need 200 accounts on your windows server to do so.

AFAIK, windows does not allow a single user having multiple working sessions, simultaneously.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:14:03 AM by polikuo »

Offline malikawan

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:59:30 AM »
Yes, but only on server editions (unless you are willing to do some dll hacking). If you are running a server edition un-check the following box under the properties page for remote desktop session host. Attached Screen Shot

Offline polikuo

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 01:19:52 AM »
Yes, but only on server editions (unless you are willing to do some dll hacking). If you are running a server edition un-check the following box under the properties page for remote desktop session host. Attached Screen Shot

I'm not sure if 200 connections is too much for both the server and the client.

However, I can connect to my termsrv.dll hacked windows 7,
with 2 different user accounts simultaneously with TC 8.2 64-bit rdesktop just fine.

Offline msalvatori

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 09:45:56 AM »
Thanks everyone for your answers!

I was thinking of managing the connections with rdesktop instead of windows. But thanks to you I realized I was getting the wrong picture. The solution in simpler now.

Solved.