WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] TinyCore can't make more than one partition persistent  (Read 5981 times)

Offline Misalf

Re: [SOLVED] TinyCore can't make more than one partition persistent
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »
Hi msalvatori,
It might be helpful if you would point out what was missing in your original attempt, since the link you've posted is not in English and just a handful of people could understand it.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline msalvatori

Re: [SOLVED] TinyCore can't make more than one partition persistent
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 07:34:40 AM »
Hi msalvatori,
It might be helpful if you would point out what was missing in your original attempt, since the link you've posted is not in English and just a handful of people could understand it.

Oh, yeah. Sorry for that.

So I was trying before follow the instructions in the link I posted and it wasn't working.

The reason was because I was trying to install TCL in SCSI disk (default disk type in vmware workstation). When I chose IDE Disk type, the instructions worked just fine.

Quickly translation:

01 – download Tiny Core

02 – mount ISO in a CD.

03 – Boot machine with the ISO

04 – Check networking settings.

05 – Install Tiny Core in your storage device, by clicking App -> Cloud -> Browse, seach tc-install.tcz, then mark the selection box Download + Load and click Go.

06 – After installation a new icon shows up in wbar (TC_Install). Click on it.

07 – Select USB-HDD e SDA, and advance through the wizzard withou changing options. When reach the last screen, click in Proceed. After install, shutdown the computer and remove de installation media.

08 – Boot the machine with the device where you installed TCL to install rdesktop.tcz. Open the terminal and type:  tce-load -wi rdesktop.tcz <ENTER>.

09 – Create a file remote.sh in /home/tc/.X.d/ and write:
while :
do
sleep 3
rdesktop -u “” -d nomedodominio -f -z 192.168.0.250 -k /home/tc/.X.d/br-abnt2
sleep 12
done

10 - Edit /opt/bootlocal.sh and add in the end:
/home/tc/.X.d/remote.sh