WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Where is ar  (Read 7941 times)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Where is ar
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 10:50:38 AM »
There's one for GUI and one for CLI, but anyway, patches welcome :)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline andyj

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 09:57:54 AM »
Here's a patch for tce-update CLI that supports blacklisting extensions from being updated. The blacklist file $TCEDIR/tcz-black.lst is a list of extensions (with .tcz ending preferably) to not update. Nothing fancy like command line switches yet. In my situation repository extensions don't overwrite the ones I'm trying to build, or update extensions with bugs like Perl 5.24 that prevent other extensions from being built.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 10:11:24 AM »
It's easier to simply delete the accompanying "extension-name.tcz.md5.txt file, done!  no more will the extension be updated

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 11:32:21 PM »
..update extensions with bugs like Perl 5.24 that prevent other extensions from being built.

Around blfs-7.10 there were a number of sed strings used to fix the compilation of various apps with perl-5.24.0 - you might be lucky enough to find the one you need?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 01:23:53 AM »
Applied, thanks. Using -name "*.tcz.dep" would be faster than regex, but it's rare to update hundreds of extensions at once.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline andyj

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 06:09:02 AM »
The perl problem is when compiling net-snmp with perl 5.24, it dies with with "panic: attempt to copy freed scalar". This doesn't happen with perl 5.22. I don't know if perl 5.26 would fix it.

As for -name versus -regex, it's what happens when I borrow from other scripts.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 09:49:08 PM »

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:52 AM »
Here's a patch for tce-update CLI that supports blacklisting extensions from being updated. The blacklist file $TCEDIR/tcz-black.lst is a list of extensions (with .tcz ending preferably) to not update. Nothing fancy like command line switches yet. In my situation repository extensions don't overwrite the ones I'm trying to build, or update extensions with bugs like Perl 5.24 that prevent other extensions from being built.

That's great, thanks.   

Speaking of a Blacklist...   A couple years ago, I took a different approach to updating extensions and created a script (and extension) which downloaded missing md5 files, updated all current extensions unless they were "Blacklisted".  The script asks if an extension with missing md5 file needs to be added to the Blacklist file (and it's backup).   Although the script was originally designed to resolve and download corrupted extensions and missing md5 files all on it's own, I found the script became my 'GoTo' update utility of choice. I run the extension one or two times a week on all x86 & x86_64 systems   The script maintains it's own extension Blacklist prompting us if an addition to the list is intended before downloading a missing md5 file.   As a byproduct of md5 verification the script will automatically update any extensions which are corrupted or outdated using the default TC extension Upgrade method.  Because the script can compare original md5 files with the repo's current md5 file (there are two methods) the update process can be as much as a day earlier than using the tce-update or APPS update. 
The script will not delete any existing extension, Instead a backup is created for safety. whilst the new extension update is processed using the standard TC mechanism.  The script provides an opportunity to remove extension backups from previous updates.
Additionally the extension/script manages backups of the Blacklist!!

The Blacklist creating and extension update script within "tce-md5check.tcz" has been in use in past few repo's and is not much discussed except with those who have helped test it, thanks guys..   An here we are only now talking about extension blacklists of new or updated extensions because I have found a blacklist to inhibit update of maintained extensions essential and has been a huge benefit these last few years.

The extension "tce-md5check" has just been updated and submitted to accommodate the latest BusyBox version and fix for a cosmetic glitch, I've attached the latest script here in case the blacklist feature spurs some interest..