WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: sce-deb2sce gives non-functional extension  (Read 3803 times)

Offline sm8ps

sce-deb2sce gives non-functional extension
« on: September 28, 2017, 12:05:35 AM »
I downloaded the DEB-package vivaldi-stable_1.12.955.36-1_amd64.deb from https://vivaldi.com/download/ and let ''sce-deb2sce'' run over it. The resulting extension I put under '/tce/sce/'. Loading the extension does work but there is no executable found. Upon further inspection I found that the loaded SquashFS does not have its permissions set right under '/tmp/tcloop/':
Code: [Select]
drwx------ 6 root root   71 Sep 27 16:30 vivaldi-stable_1.12.955.36-1_amd64/Checking as root user, there is a symlink in the SquashFS from 'usr/bin/vivaldi-stable' to the executable 'opt/vivaldi/vivaldi'. AFAICT sce-load should make this available indepently of the specific case of software. The behavior is reproducible on another system, both machines running dCore-xenial:2017.09.24.21.13. Therefore I suspect a bug in sce-deb2sce. Can anybody verify?

PS: I just realized that I should not use the 64-bit version in dCore but that wouldn't affect the behavior of sce-deb2sce as far as linking the SquashFS.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: sce-deb2sce gives non-functional extension
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 06:28:35 PM »
I will look into sce-deb2sce and see if I see anything amiss.

Offline sm8ps

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:05:13 AM »
Thanks! I have tried a few other DEB-packages and they did work with ''sce-deb2sce''. So maybe it is just a problem of this very specific package. I also did try out the 32 bit version of Vivaldi and that did not change things in any way.

Offline sm8ps

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 02:17:33 AM »
Please have a look at my post "dCore produces extensions with invalid symlinks" in the other thread?
I have a feeling that these issues might be related but I have not real clue ATM.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 05:58:56 PM »
Ok, the permissions on the base directory of the unpacked .deb needs to be checked for integrity and fixed if need be.  I have Vivaldi running on my dCore-stretch install and have uploaded a fixed sce-deb2sce.  Please update and test.

Offline sm8ps

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 12:55:51 PM »
Working well with vivaldi-stable from the mentioned 32-bit package, thanks!