Tiny Core Base > TCB Tips & Tricks

Xvesa fix and/or resolution choice on boot

(1/5) > >>

marky:
Hi,

I started to use TC Plus a week ago and I love it.
I use it on two different computers with the pretty decent hardware.
Somehow I've lost ability to open Xvesa window in the ControlPanel. It shows up for a split of second with nothing visible and disappears. On both machines.

Actually the only reason I need it is that on laptop I'd need to change the resolution to fit the screen and I'm not able to do it now since the Xvesa set up is not accessible.

Any clue, please?

gerald_clark:
Exit to the shell and run xsetup.sh.

curaga:
If you've installed Xorg or Xfbdev, the script will not show resolutions, as those two are configured differently.

marky:
First of all, I'm not that good to know what exactly to do by:
--- Quote ---Exit to the shell and run xsetup.sh
--- End quote ---
By Ctrl+Alt+F1 went to the console and tried to run that xsetup.sh command with no success, since I couldn't get to the /user/bin folder. I've tried to run sh ./xsetup.sh in several ways, with no success since I still consider myself as a newbie in linux.

Secondly, here it is my end list of installed apps copied from TC Sytem Stats window:

--- Code: ---wpa_supplicant
xbitmaps
xcursor-themes
xdg-utils
xf86-input-evdev
xf86-video-vesa
xfe-common
xfi
xkeyboard-config
Xlibs
Xorg-7.7
Xorg-7.7-3d
Xorg-7.7-3d-dev
Xorg-7.7-bin
Xorg-7.7-dev
Xorg-7.7-lib
Xorg-fonts
xorg-proto
xorg-server
xorg-server-dev
Xprogs
xtrans
Xvesa
xzgv

--- End code ---

and it seems that xorg is there.

So, what now?

Juanito:
If you have loaded the Xorg-7.7 extension after you loaded Xvesa, tinycore will run Xorg and not Xvesa.

You will need to ensure that Xorg-7.7 is not listed "onboot", reboot and then Xvesa and xsetup.sh should run without problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version