WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Load extension without saving on disk  (Read 4526 times)

Offline bonbob

Re: Load extension without saving on disk
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 11:52:46 PM »
It's nearly philosophical question.
Now i know that technically my idea is working, but "cloud-mode" newer be realised by TCL developers.
Only because millions or billions of TCL users will be downloading heaviest extensions from repositories each second. And all repo-servers will lay down ;)

Do you know why i like Tiny Core Linux, even if it far from ideal?
It's easy to understand how it works, easy to change for user's needs, even for noob like me. Enough to be smarty and enthusiastic.

Your advice to buy a USB-storage sounds like "this is a dead end my friend. Linux not for you, go back to Windows" :D

Offline polikuo

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 02:03:12 AM »
So, if I understand you correctly.
Firstly, you want a persistent tce directory that stores mydata.tgz but without all the tczs storing in optional.
Secondly, you want to do a cloud mode tce-load every time you boot up.
Finally, you want to automate all the process.
Is that what you want ?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 02:11:03 AM by polikuo »

Offline bonbob

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 02:45:46 AM »
persistent tce directory that stores mydata.tgz with all the tczs that user want to be stored locally

It may be extensions for establishing internet-connection. pppd, wireless-firmware, wpa-supplicant, usb-modeswitch for usb-modems etc. Also some important packages, openssh for example.
So it may be two files: onboot.lst and oncloud.lst First load extension on boot from local storage, other load remotely from cloud automatically after internet connection has been established. By editing this files you can set which extension will be loaded quckly and guaranteed from disk, and other will be loaded from repository. Slowly and requiring internet connection but releasing free space on onboard storage.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »
What I like about Tinycore is that you can build it any way you choose.  But knowing what you can accomplish with this resource and respecting the resource are two entirely different matters.   Don't expect a corporate network supporting these mirrors is all..

I'm just saying..