WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Web Browser failure  (Read 1751 times)

Offline sloac01

Web Browser failure
« on: June 07, 2017, 05:28:25 AM »
Need assistance, I am unable to get any web browser (wb) ; FIREFFOX, QtWeb, dillo, IOpera, to work after the initial download of the extension. EXIT with BACKUP option, then restart, I can get other apps to work such as ; xfe and libreoffice, but not the wb.
I have tried multiple laptops to verify is was not  laptop specific, they all act the same.

For all extensions, followed instructions on "Download Howto".
EXIT with BACKUP option, correct folder selected. Assume that since the other apps work after restart the process is working as expected.

Restart TC, go to ONDEMAND , the wb appears in  pull down menu and appears to install since the icon appears on the tool bar but never opens. I have tried un-installing and reinstalling using both wired and wireless connection with same results.
Missing something basic and unable to locate anything in the knowledge base to help.

Requesting assistance to resolve this problem.

Offline Misalf

Re: Web Browser failure
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:36:52 AM »
Try starting the browser from a terminal window and watch out for error messages.

Also, check out  firefox_getLatest.tcz  if not done already.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 12:21:07 PM »
Need assistance, I am unable to get any web browser (wb) ; FIREFFOX, QtWeb, dillo, IOpera, to work after the initial download of the extension
For all extensions, followed instructions on "Download Howto".

"Download Howto" (I have no idea what that is..) but is most likely your problem.  Use "APPS" gui (or tce-ab from the terminal) to download any and all extensions.

Assume that since the other apps work after restart the process is working as expected.
never assume anything..   To assume is the mother of all disasters :p

When in doubt, enter the application name at the terminal and you'll be informed of the first missing library or application

APPS is the extension installer and manager.

To install all missing extensions you can use APPS to
1.  Update DEPS
2. fetch missing deps
then reboot

Might be better to start over.. 

When installed correctly using APPS (or tce-ab)  all required dependencies will also be installed, then
Firefox-ESR will run from a basic TC install, without issue.
firefox_geLatest will create and install the latest version with all required dependencies

good luck
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:44:35 PM by coreplayer2 »

Offline sloac01

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 07:25:35 AM »
To all, thanks for the quick response. Problem solved, used command line approach tce-audit delete <fn> to remove all web browser extension references and re-install FIREFOX and it worked.