Tiny Core Base > CorePlus

Wifi card problem with CorePlus on MacBook Air

(1/4) > >>

PayloadHasher:
Hello guys/gals,
I just installed booted CorePlus on my MBA 2013 with a USB drive and installed the system onto an SD card. During the installation process, I ticked the boxes saying "wifi support/firmware" and it finished really quickly.
But when I booted into TC from my SD card, I typed "ifconfig" in the terminal and it only gave me a "lo" loopback interface. There's no "wlan" or "eth" or any other interface. Then I typed "lspci" and it showed me that there is a Broadcom network controller. I encountered the very same problem of having no wifi interface when I installed Debian on my MBA and I solved it by installing the broadcom-sta-dkms.deb package. Is there a similar way to solve this in TC?

Thanks! Any help would be appreciated  :D

Misalf:
Running  ifconfig  only displays active connections. What does  iwconfig  give?

Juanito:
There can be up to three choices with broadcom hardware:

* native reverse-engineered kernel driver plus additional firmware
* broadcom "wl" kernel driver, which includes firmware
* ndiswrapper with windows driver

As per: http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:list_of_supported_wifi_devices#pci

..please supply the pci id of your hardware to help decide the best way to proceed.

PayloadHasher:
@Juanito,
I used the broadcom "wl" package and solved my problem with Debian wifi. It came as a .deb package from debian.org.
Can I install the same package on my TC?

Juanito:
you might be able to use the wl-modules-KERNEL extension (read the info file), but it would be better if you could post your device pci id to double-check

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version