WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Dillo locked to Luxi-sans font only?  (Read 1737 times)

Offline PDP-8

Dillo locked to Luxi-sans font only?
« on: May 16, 2017, 05:43:29 PM »
Right - picked up some true-type fonts and threw them into /usr/share/fonts where luxisans lives.  Ran fc-cache.  System picked right up on it and programs like xfce4-terminal, leafpad, etc see those new fonts.

However, no matter what I do, including tweaking my own .dillo/dillorc to include those fonts seems to fail.  (Note: had to download dillorc manually).

I can get Dillo to use custom fonts on other distros, but for some reason, on PiCore 9, it is almost as if it is locked to the default console font.

I'm missing something, but can't put my finger on it since other programs immediately see the new fonts.

That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Dillo locked to Luxi-sans font only?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 01:04:02 AM »
It uses FLTK, so it depends on if your FLTK can use truetype fonts or not. The default on x86 cannot, there is a bigger alternative fltk that can, not sure of the picore situation.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 02:18:43 AM »
It uses FLTK, so it depends on if your FLTK can use truetype fonts or not. The default on x86 cannot, there is a bigger alternative fltk that can, not sure of the picore situation.

FLTK on piCore is confured the same way as x86

Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline polikuo

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:29:13 AM »

You'll need FLTK compiled with "xft" support.
That's the minimum requirement to use truetype font.