WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Dillo 3.0.5 aborts downloads  (Read 10491 times)

Offline neonix

Re: Dillo 3.0.5 aborts downloads
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 11:28:35 AM »
dillo-beta.tcz from git is already in TC11 repo, but some websites work better in 3.0.5 version.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 12:48:52 PM »
dillo-beta.tcz from git is already in TC11 repo, but some websites work better in 3.0.5 version.

And tinycorelinux.net is among those sites (

Fifth is compiled for openssl-1.0 too, and in TC11 shows the message making me sad :
Code: [Select]
fifth: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Will it be fifth with openssl-1.1.x? @Curaga, if I have some chances to help, i will do my best, please.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2020, 01:48:08 PM »
Hi, neonix!

There is the patch in dillo source repo, named "Support OpenSSL 1.1.0 3.0.5" dated by  06 Apr 2018. Did You tried it?

Edit: https://hg.dillo.org/dillo/rev/b171b8610400
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 01:49:42 PM by jazzbiker »

Offline neonix

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2020, 10:35:26 PM »
Thanks folks, I was able to compile working version thanks to your tips.
I had to hack configure file and add patch to https.c.

About Fifth browser. Does TinyCore Team is engaged in development of this browser?
How to contact with the developers?  The project shows great promise, but it still has many bugs. The last version was released "0.5.1 @ Apr 9, 2016".

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2020, 11:55:41 PM »
Fifth is compiled for openssl-1.0 too, and in TC11 shows the message making me sad :
fifth: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Will it be fifth with openssl-1.1.x? @Curaga, if I have some chances to help, i will do my best, please.

About Fifth browser. Does TinyCore Team is engaged in development of this browser?
How to contact with the developers?  The project shows great promise, but it still has many bugs. The last version was released "0.5.1 @ Apr 9, 2016".
I am the primary/lone developer of Fifth. I'm unfortunately still very low on time, and webkit stuff takes ages to work on, mainly due to huge compile times, but also the complexity.

So new versions with more recent webkit or even openssl 1.1 support may not come soon.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline nick65go

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2020, 08:29:16 AM »
until curga will update his very good FIFTH browser in TC11_x64, we can use it, by manualy loading the old missing library from tc10_x64, like this:
tc@box:~$ fifth
tc@box:~$ tce-load -i openssl.tcz
openssl.tcz: OK
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: profile 'Photoshop ICC profile': 'RGB ': RGB color space not permitted on grayscale
EDIT:
Crash recovery
Crashing with signal Segmentation fault, 11tc@box:~$
nope, it seems that next time it will crash :( 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 08:36:20 AM by nick65go »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2020, 10:38:05 AM »
That's because curl links a different version of libssl, and having two versions of the same library at once, in the same program -> crash. You need to go further, grab the older curl etc as well, as long as there are two conflicting versions.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.