WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Dillo 3.0.5 aborts downloads  (Read 10497 times)

Offline PDP-8

Dillo 3.0.5 aborts downloads
« on: May 15, 2017, 12:25:22 AM »
I don't know if this is PiCore 9.0 specific, but I do use the DILLO browser quite a bit with my RPI2 for what I do.

Noticed that downloads initiated by clicking on a link will start, and then get immediately aborted.  I believe Dillo is using wget with a lua/fltk frontend for it's download feature.

Not a showstopper as using wget in a terminal works, but wondering why Dillo itself aborts all downloads...

I've checked my dillorc file, but can't find anything immediately wrong.  I am also able to download with earlier versions, like 3.0.3 on other distros.  (but sure wish they'd use 3.0.5!)

Kind of scratching my head a little but I saw a patch for wget somewhere, and wondered if this is what that patch was for! :)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:27:55 AM by PDP-8 »
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth

Offline gwalther

Re: Dillo 3.0.5 aborts downloads
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:47:53 AM »
Using tinycore version 4 I had the same issue with Dillio.  Solved it by downloading and installing wget.tcz.  Seemed the wget in busybox was the issue.

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:39:14 AM »
Thanks gwalther!  That fixed it.

Actually I had to install wget along with libunistring to get it to work.

Since I'm trying not to stray too far from busybox, and the busybox wget works fine in a terminal, I'll probably stick to that, but thank you very much anyway!

Now I just have to figure out if I need to:
1) File a bug report with Dillo
2) File a bug report with Busybox
3) Or figure out if my *own* piCore configuration is not setup right to allow the busybox version of wget to work. :)

Seriously, thanks for the help!

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 08:08:41 AM »
Well, if Dillo need wget.tcz to work correctly the solution is to add wget.tcz to the dep list.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 05:38:28 PM »
Yes, wget along with libunistring brings it to life.  Just kind of hoping that busybox's version would work.

Not a showstopper as I can use BB's wget in the terminal.  Not as pretty though. :)

Offline binarydemon

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 03:49:38 AM »
Well, if Dillo need wget.tcz to work correctly the solution is to add wget.tcz to the dep list.

This hasn't been fixed yet.

Sorry for bump but I just encountered on X86 Tinycore and did a lot of troubleshooting with checking permissions before finding this post.

Not sure if I should email nitram since he last modified the tcz or if the dependency edit is done by whoever uploads to repository.

If it hasn't been added since all other Dillo functionality works other than downloads, maybe there should be a comment in tcz description.

Check out DOSBox Distro - https://sites.google.com/site/dosboxdistro/

A tinycore LIVEUSB that makes playing your dos games anywhere very simple.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 04:13:36 AM »
wget added to dillo dep file in tc-8.x x86 repo and dillo3 dep file in picore repos

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 02:33:43 AM »
Hi,staff!

May be posting in this topic is late a little, but the problem described in the topic header is present, dillo still aborts downloads.
In TC9, and probably in TC10 too.
This trouble is caused by wget.tcz, now wget.tcz can not work properly with https.
Currently, wget is using gnutls for https, but it doesn't work. I've made my own wget extension using openssl instead of gnutls, and the problem disappeared.
I used wget 1.20.3 sources and build wget with "--with-ssl=openssl" option.
I don't know what exactly is wrong with gnutls.tcz (gnutls3.6 too), maybe some changes in the outer world, wide implementation of TLS 1.3 version everywhere without options to downgrade it during data exchange.
But it seems to me, that wget is one of the basic tools, and it is prefered to make it work out of the box. I didn't checked the whole repo, but at least wget.tcz is dependancy of dillo and get_youtube-dl, so now both this extensions don't work properly.

Maybe, the right way would be to try the newest gnutls 3.6.7? I didn't done this yet, but the simplest way is to recompile wget with openssl, as openssl is widely used by other extensions too, so it will not cause exsessive memory usage for extra extensions.

I like TinyCore very much, and i think, that newcomers may be disappointed with broken wget and dillo, beside both of them are great software.
Am I right?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 03:03:17 AM »
Are you speaking of piCore or x86?

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 03:24:09 AM »
Oh, sorry, i posted into Picore topic ((( I was hooked by topic name. I am on TinyCore. Sorry, once again.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 03:25:59 AM »
wget updated in x86 repo

Offline neonix

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 10:56:09 AM »
Is it possible to get rid of this annoying "Dillo HTTPS: Missing issuer certificate!" ?

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »
wget updated in x86 repo
Thanks, Juainito! Works perfect.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 01:48:30 PM »
Is it possible to get rid of this annoying "Dillo HTTPS: Missing issuer certificate!" ?
I can agree, that this message brings zero information, as Dillo is declared not supporting https at all. Only emulating it, i guess this is the only need to put openssl in dillo's dependancies.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2019, 01:46:08 PM »
Returning to this message.
I was wrong, saying that dillo don't deal with https, basic support is present, being an ALPHA one.
I've loaded sources from dillo.org, and in the file dpi/https.c found, that certificates path is written permanently as "/etc/ssl/certs/". After changing to
it "/usr/local/etc/ssl/certs/" and compiling and packing i've recieved the mydillo.tcz finding certificates at their place, and though without such messages.

How it can be done in the right way for TC? I must mention, that I use TC9, but in TC10 it must be the same.

Juanito, if You will have the time, will You be able to rebuild the dillo.tcz in a right TC way? Of course such hardcoding is a bad taste, but it is faster, than making commit to dillo sources, as they are not changing for maybe 3 or more years.

Thanks in advance!