WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Dillo 3.0.5 aborts downloads  (Read 215 times)

Offline PDP-8

Dillo 3.0.5 aborts downloads
« on: May 14, 2017, 11:25:22 PM »
I don't know if this is PiCore 9.0 specific, but I do use the DILLO browser quite a bit with my RPI2 for what I do.

Noticed that downloads initiated by clicking on a link will start, and then get immediately aborted.  I believe Dillo is using wget with a lua/fltk frontend for it's download feature.

Not a showstopper as using wget in a terminal works, but wondering why Dillo itself aborts all downloads...

I've checked my dillorc file, but can't find anything immediately wrong.  I am also able to download with earlier versions, like 3.0.3 on other distros.  (but sure wish they'd use 3.0.5!)

Kind of scratching my head a little but I saw a patch for wget somewhere, and wondered if this is what that patch was for! :)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:27:55 PM by PDP-8 »

Offline gwalther

Re: Dillo 3.0.5 aborts downloads
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »
Using tinycore version 4 I had the same issue with Dillio.  Solved it by downloading and installing wget.tcz.  Seemed the wget in busybox was the issue.

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 11:39:14 PM »
Thanks gwalther!  That fixed it.

Actually I had to install wget along with libunistring to get it to work.

Since I'm trying not to stray too far from busybox, and the busybox wget works fine in a terminal, I'll probably stick to that, but thank you very much anyway!

Now I just have to figure out if I need to:
1) File a bug report with Dillo
2) File a bug report with Busybox
3) Or figure out if my *own* piCore configuration is not setup right to allow the busybox version of wget to work. :)

Seriously, thanks for the help!

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 07:08:41 AM »
Well, if Dillo need wget.tcz to work correctly the solution is to add wget.tcz to the dep list.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 04:38:28 PM »
Yes, wget along with libunistring brings it to life.  Just kind of hoping that busybox's version would work.

Not a showstopper as I can use BB's wget in the terminal.  Not as pretty though. :)