WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: G-WAN  (Read 2269 times)

Offline djca

G-WAN
« on: April 05, 2017, 02:36:50 AM »
Somebody succeded to run G-WAN on tiny core 64 bit.
When I try sudo ./gwan nothing happens?

Regards.
djceci

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: G-WAN
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 06:29:56 AM »
Hi djca
And this is a perfect example of why you should not drink and post:
Somebody succeded to run G-WAN on tiny core 64 bit.
If this is relevant, be more specific.  "Somebody"  is too vague.
When I try sudo ./gwan nothing happens?
Nothing happened? How surprising. Did you expect it to appear on your system because  "somebody"  succeeded in running it?
Did you download a binary from somewhere? Did you compile it from source? If so, were there any warnings? You really need to
provide more details since all of the forums physic readers are currently on strike. It's about a wage dispute they didn't see coming.

Offline djca

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 08:38:34 AM »
Richi I am not going to answer you completly strange "reply" (if we can call it that way :)) to my post sorry to dissapoint you.

Nothing happened? How surprising. Did you expect it to appear on your system because  "somebody"  succeeded in running it?
Did you download a binary from somewhere? Did you compile it from source? If so, were there any warnings? You really need to
provide more details since all of the forums physic readers are currently on strike. It's about a wage dispute they didn't see coming.

Somebody that did what I asked about will for sure know the answers to all your useless questions. Next time instead starting useless polemics FIRST check a little bit in detail the topic. Other way you are just a regular spammer and this is not the purpose of this forum!

And this is a perfect example of why you should not drink and post:

Of course you can drink and post I personaly drink coffe when I posted the original question.

Cheers. :)
djceci

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
Hi djca
Somebody that did what I asked about will for sure know the answers to all your useless questions.
Useless questions? You ask why a command you entered did not work, yet you supply no information as to what actions
you took prior to that that you feel should have allowed it to work.
Next time instead starting useless polemics FIRST check a little bit in detail the topic.
And therein lies the problem. You provided no details.
Other way you are just a regular spammer and this is not the purpose of this forum!
Well now you are just being mean. ::)

Offline djca

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 11:02:49 AM »
Richi I repeat did you even check what is all about.
Just to inform you G-WAN server is precompiled binary in tar gzip archive.

And therein lies the problem. You provided no details.

Hehe details Richi you must be joking. What freaking details you need more. :) If you need details then feel free to go in google and read what is all about, instead of loosing time of the others!

Did you download a binary from somewhere? Did you compile it from source? If so, were there any warnings?
What are you talking about. This is what I mean with the word USELESS questions. If you have spend 10 minutes to check what I am talking about we will not loose our time explaining you all this. So this was my also friendly advice next time to check a little bit what is asked before to spam like that :). Leave the question to people that know what is asked about and can add something constuctive to the topic.

Thank you.

regards.
djceci

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 11:15:47 AM »
Why would anyone "research" your question when you should provide links to document your problem?

Offline djca

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 11:26:42 AM »
If somebody wants to research they are free to do it. The question was addressed to anybody that has already researched the topic. No need for links then :)

Offline Misalf

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 12:07:27 PM »
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline djca

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 12:39:56 PM »
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Richi read the article people are helping you, so next time not to ask "clever" questions :)

Offline Greg Erskine

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »
hi djca,

I think we might have a language issue here with your original post.

If you read it as a statement then I can understand the responses.

But I think you meant it as a question, thus the confusion.

You probably need to repost using correct punctuation with a little more detail.

regards
Greg