New get_mplayer.tcz extension for TC7 x86.
As MPlayer ./configure uses hardware autodetect, compile natively on target system for best performance.
Run 'get_mplayer.sh' to wget and compile MPlayer with FFmpeg to create an mplayer_custom.tcz extension. Automatically takes care of all default helper and dependency extensions.
User able to customize build and add additional ./configure options, prompted to manually add these extra helpers and dependencies prior to running ./configure. Makes compiling mplayer very simple with best performance for the system. Good experience for users unfamiliar with the ./configure, make, make install process.
CLI, OSD and gmplayer (graphic) MPlayer compile options, see info file for more details.
* Downloads MPlayer (movie player) source (MPlayer-1.3.0.tar.xz with FFmpeg).
* Compiles source to create mplayer_custom.tcz, dep and md5sum files.
* As MPlayer uses hardware autodetect, best to compile on target system.
* Includes libXv support for good performance on most systems.
* Choose from CLI mplayer, OSD mplayer or gmplayer options.
* Prompted for additional configure options before compile.
* Prompted to add mplayer_custom.tcz to onboot.lst or OnDemand.
* Prompted to create config and copy example config files.
* Prompted to install default skin if compiling gmplayer.
* Default build options compile and run well in TC7.
* User must ensure:
- Working network connection.
- Adequate RAM (uses /tmp/), possibly swap.
- Adequate drivespace (compiletc, dev and dep files).
* Build time 2.25 hrs on single core 800MHz, 512MB RAM.
* Re-run script as needed, such as failed custom configuration.
* Press Ctrl-C at any time to break out of script.
Press Enter to wget, md5sum check and extract MPlayer source:
* Run /tmp/MPlayer-1.3.0/./configure --help in other terminal for more options.
* Enabling more means more functionality with extra bloat and dependencies.
* Enable/disable options as desired to mix and match desired mplayer.
Choose one of the primary build options below, this will load the required
development packages and modify the resulting dependency file.
1. CLI mplayer only:
2. CLI mplayer with OSD (on screen display):
./configure --enable-menu --enable-freetype
3. Graphic mplayer (gmplayer using GTK2, default skin option):
4. Graphic mplayer with OSD (full meal deal):
./configure --enable-menu --enable-freetype --enable-gui
Enter package 1, 2, 3 or 4: 4
Append any space separated configure options or just Enter to continue.
If not needed, --disable-mencoder cuts the final TCZ size in half:
./configure --enable-menu --enable-freetype --enable-gui --disable-mencoder
In Apps or another terminal load additional *-dev extensions required for any
optional ./configure options manually entered above. When done press Enter
to load the following compile helper extensions: compiletc squashfs-tools
alsa-dev yasm libXext-dev xorg-proto libXv-dev freetype-dev gtk2-dev