I installed VBLade, created entries on start-up as follows:
/usr/local/sbin/vbladed 0 1 eth0 /mounts/DISK05/aoe/test.img
This went through well and is found as a running process using ps -a
I have two images running, 0.1 and 0.2, both similar to:
10532 root sh -c /usr/local/sbin/vblade 0 1 eth0 /mounts/DISK05/aoe/test.img < /dev/null 2>&1 | logger -t vbladed
10536 root /usr/local/sbin/vblade 0 1 eth0 /mounts/DISK05/aoe/test.img
10537 root logger -t vbladed
...and in /var/log/messages...
Feb 21 18:30:54 box user.notice vbladed: pid 10632: e0.1, 8388608 sectors O_RDWR
Feb 21 18:30:54 box user.notice vbladed: pid 10654: e0.2, 83886080 sectors O_RDWR
I then installed aoetools (same machine) to test things out with...
- Besides being in need of a mild rewrite (initially intended for bash) after a few tweaks I no longer received errors
- aoe-discover; aoe-stat... no response and no nodes listed in /dev/etherd