WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Problems building a Bluetooth Audio Receiver with PiCore Linux  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Sebster

Problems building a Bluetooth Audio Receiver with PiCore Linux
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:17:13 AM »
Hello friendly people from Tinycore!

I've been working on this for quite a while but i cannot get it to work on PiCore Linux.

My Goal: A headless Bluetooth Audio Reciever running Picore Player ( Pi Core Linux ).

I got it to work on Raspian Lite but I want to have it to run on PiCore linux because I will not shut it down but just unplug my Pi.

What I already know: I need to have : 
  • Bluez
  • PulseAudio
  • pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
  • alsa-utils

as packages.

I installed the Bluez-hcidump tcz extension to my Pi but the command:  bluetoothctl  or any other know command to me for using my blueooth dongle say: command not found.  I assume I need some other tools for that.

I was thinking about to use blueman. I about to compile it by myself but I am not sure if thats the right approach...

Was someone already able to create a Blueooth Audio Receiver with TC?

I am thankful for every help provided, if there is someone out there who can build the needed .tcz extensions I would be even more happy!

I hope someone is out there who can help me with that!
Thank you!

Offline aeppsi

Re: Problems building a Bluetooth Audio Receiver with PiCore Linux
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:20:41 AM »
Hi Sepster,

I would also be highly interested in how to make that working. I would love to add that function to a running picoreplayer distro in order to get an all-in-one music device...

Could please any of the senior members give a short feedback and share some thoughts on this topic? Is the bluetooth receiver function thinkable?

Many thanks in advance.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Problems building a Bluetooth Audio Receiver with PiCore Linux
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »
I'm not too sure what is meant by "Bluetooth Audio Receiver", but using bluez, blueman and pulseaudio in corepure64, you can, for example, use a laptop as a bluetooth loudspeaker - for example to play music from an iPhone through a laptop speakers via bluetooth.