WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TCL Repository file listing  (Read 4940 times)

Offline Misalf

Re: TCL Repository file listing
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM »
I don't think it's documented, but you can find those things by reading the tce-* scripts.

Your installed tcl8.6.tcz extension needs updating?
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 12:41:13 AM »
Why not request each md5 file with wget for every *.tcz in your optional directory, then compare the md5sums to determine if your currently installed extension is an old version.   I used this method in "tce-md5check.tcz" which fetches the most current updates in favor of the traditional database method.
besides, you only need to download the md5sums for extensions within your optional directory, not the entire repo md5sums.

You could also call tce-update, also used by APPS gui  (both use the database method)

Note: the database method may not be aware of the most current updates as the database file can take a day to reflect recent updates.   tce-md5check method will install the very latest updates which are often missed using the database method, this fact was discovered during testing of many other tce-md5check features.

Note: that with both tce-update and tce-md5check removing any md5.txt file from your tce store will prevent an unintentional update, thereby saving any modified extensions from loss.   tce-md5check will also keep a local blacklist of extensions you might choose to blacklist from update or will download any missing md5.txt files for those you choose to allow updates.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:49:07 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline Misalf

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 09:36:01 AM »
One problem with removing md5.txt files though. If it's a dep of some extension that's going to be newly downloaded from the repo, tce-load will fail to do so, as it is confused about the dep being there but unable to verify its state.
Personally, I place my modified extensions in  /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional/custom  and symlink them one level up. This way tce-load won't get confused due to missing md5.txt files, I will still be notified about updates, my modifications are safe and I can easily keep track of what modified extensions I have.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)