WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: QT 5.5.1  (Read 2436 times)

Offline DHeadshot

• Fediverse profile
QT 5.5.1
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »
(I would have replied here, but it said to create a new topic).

I'm trying to install QT 5.5.1 in an attempt to eventually get Sigil working (that's why it has to be that particular version).  However, when I get as far as the actual install stage, it says I have no room for any temporary files at all! 0.00bytes!  Surely that can't be right, even with all the loops in /tmp?  I initially thought it was some kind of permissions error, but I get the same result running it as root.  Anyone have any ideas as to how I can solve this rather bizarre error?

(I was trying to install to /mnt/sda1/[a directory with write permission]/qt/Qt5.5.1, rather than the RAMdrive, so that it had enough room to install).

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: QT 5.5.1
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:49:07 AM »
Do you mean you're trying to compile qt-5.5.1 on tc-7.2 x86?

If so, how much ram does your machine have and where are you compiling qt-5.5.1?

As an example, if you compile in /usr/src/qt-5.5.1 you will be using ram rather than disk space.

Note also that you need to run "make install" as root otherwise some files might not get installed/their permissions might be incorrect.

Offline DHeadshot

• Fediverse profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 11:04:19 AM »
Do you mean you're trying to compile qt-5.5.1 on tc-7.2 x86?
I was actually trying to install it using the installer - http://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.1/5.1.1/...  Also, I'm still running tc-6.1 x86 because updating it is complicated and it works for now so I haven't bothered trying to upgrade.

If so, how much ram does your machine have and where are you compiling qt-5.5.1?
The VM I'm using has 512MB RAM, so that I can use it while doing other things - I didn't want to risk more than that.  The installer is running from the hdd (/mnt/sda1/sources/qt, a directory owned by the tc user so there shouldn't be permissions conflicts(?)).

Note also that you need to run "make install" as root otherwise some files might not get installed/their permissions might be incorrect.
I tried running the installer as root and got the same error.

I've attached a screenshot showing the error.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 08:42:34 PM »
I was actually trying to install it using the installer
The risk with doing this is that it might require a version of a dependency library that does not exist on tinycore.

The VM I'm using has 512MB RAM, so that I can use it while doing other things
qt-5.x is very big so it is possible that it used all of the available ram during the attempted install.