WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Where is config.txt?  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Terry_J_C

Where is config.txt?
« on: October 23, 2016, 06:00:55 AM »
Hi,

I want to run my Pi Zero headless, but using the HDMI output to grab the audio so I have purchased an HDMI to VGA + Audio adaptor.  This seems to work only if I boot up with an HDMI Monitor attached and then unplug it and substitute the adaptor.

Searching through these forums, I've seen many references to config.txt in relation to HDMI, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find it.  I am hoping that I can then force the Pi to output audio to the HDMI connector all the time.  So the main question is; where would I expect to find it?

Subsidiary questions are:
  • When I do find it, is this likely to work?
  • Is there a better way of getting the audio out?  I am aware that it is possible to grab the raw signal on one of the GPIO pins and filter it, but I gather that this is a bit rough and ready (apart from requiring a circuit board to carry the filtration components).

I'd rather not have to go over to a full RPi 2 or 3, because the Zero is ideal for this job.

I am using piCore V 8.0.
Terry

Online Rich

• Administrator
Re: Where is config.txt?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 07:05:09 AM »

Offline Terry_J_C

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 07:28:13 AM »
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,18326.msg111546.html#msg111546

;D

It's b*****g obvious, when it's pointed out, that an Operating System that runs live is likely to have portions of the drive unmounted.

Thanks.  That worked perfectly.
Terry

Offline Terry_J_C

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 09:31:07 AM »
Thanks.  That worked perfectly.

Ooops.  Spoke to soon.  It worked perfectly with the piCore SD Card plugged into my RPi 2, but not when I tried the same card in my Zero.

I'll post another query in a new thread.
Terry