WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Telnet Issues  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Boss 429

Telnet Issues
« on: October 14, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »
Hello! I'm fairly new to Linux and Tiny Core, so please forgive my ignorance.. I've been looking through the wiki and forums for a couple days now, and I haven't found anything that has worked for me yet. I'm trying to establish a telnet connection on startup from Tiny Core Shell to a Windows Server. I have telnet starting up on boot through bootlocal.sh, with a  sleep timer of 5 so dhcp has a chance to run. When the command starts, it says:
tc@box:~$ Trying [IP]
Connected to [IP]
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

If I manually type the command in using "telnet [IP]" it connects and works every time, but it never works on boot-up. I have tried longer and shorter sleep times, as well as trying to start telnet in bootsync.sh and creating a script and using .X.d. They all start telnet, but I still get the same error unless I type the command out. Is there something I am missing?

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Telnet Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:34:47 AM »
bootlocal.sh is not for interactive programs.
Nobody is logged in at that time.
You should be able to start an aterm to run telnet from .X.d, but that will fail if the network is not yet up.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 11:17:20 AM »
If you have no X, put the command in tc's .profile.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Boss 429

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 07:57:01 AM »
I tried starting it from .X.d, but it did not work, I put the script into .profile and it's working now. Thank you guys for your help!